I've always owned a combo amp but I am planning on getting a Blackstar HT50 and the Orange PPC212-COB. Will these be compatible in terms of ohms and impedance etc?

Thanks
Never trust a guitarist who hates Metallica.
Yes it will work.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yes it will work.

Great, thanks!
just match the ohms coming out of the amp to what the cab is rated at
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It'll work fine, but if you haven't bought it, I would look at different heads. To me, the larger HT's do not sounds as good as the HT-5. I almost used my impression of the HT -5 to buy a HT-20, but luckily tried one first and realized it wasn't what I expected.

However, if you've tried the 50 and like it, more power to you
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Have you considered any other amps besides the Blackstar HT series?

(I'll hold my tongue until he responds... )
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM
Have you considered any other amps besides the Blackstar HT series?

(I'll hold my tongue until he responds... )

I wasn't expecting everyone to be behind my choice. I'm after something fairly versatile that can play anything from pop punk to thrash metal with a budget of £500 for the head alone. From the demos I've seen the HT-50 does seem to live up to that. But I'm open to suggestions
Look for Marshall DSL or a Peavey JSX. Either one of those would do what you need, and do it much better than the Blackstar
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by MeepMan
I wasn't expecting everyone to be behind my choice. I'm after something fairly versatile that can play anything from pop punk to thrash metal with a budget of £500 for the head alone. From the demos I've seen the HT-50 does seem to live up to that. But I'm open to suggestions

As classicrocker said, a JSX would do everything the Blackstar will - just a whole lot better. I don't have much experience with DSLs, but I'd imagine they would also be better. The problem I have with Blackstar HT series amps isn't that they sound terrible - it's that they ought to sound a lot BETTER considering the price tag. There is a lot of solid state trickery going on in them, and you can hear the difference. I tried an HT Metal 212 the other day and was thoroughly underwhelmed; my 6505 112 (which was $400+ cheaper NEW) could chew up that amp and spit it out.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM
As classicrocker said, a JSX would do everything the Blackstar will - just a whole lot better. I don't have much experience with DSLs, but I'd imagine they would also be better. The problem I have with Blackstar HT series amps isn't that they sound terrible - it's that they ought to sound a lot BETTER considering the price tag. There is a lot of solid state trickery going on in them, and you can hear the difference. I tried an HT Metal 212 the other day and was thoroughly underwhelmed; my 6505 112 (which was $400+ cheaper NEW) could chew up that amp and spit it out.

peavey 6505 is the most used harder metal amp out there.

ON topic:
JSX would be nice, but I'm not sure if they are rare in the UK (they are rare around here)
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Tunder250
peavey 6505 is the most used harder metal amp out there.

True. But don't you think an amp costing many hundreds of dollars more than the Peavey and the word "metal" in its name should be able to contend with one?
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Ahh, I forgot Peaveys are much dearer across the pond. DSLs are pretty reasonable IIRC. In my opinion, the DSL50 is the best amp Marshall's made in a good long while.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
Ahh, I forgot Peaveys are much dearer across the pond. DSLs are pretty reasonable IIRC. In my opinion, the DSL50 is the best amp Marshall's made in a good long while.

I have the DSL100 and I agree it is the best amp marshall has made since the 2203. And it is loud as hell if you want it to be.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ambler3
What about a Laney IRT? They seem to have a great rep, and people do often speak of their versatility. Need to try one myself at some point.

Strangely enough I came across the Laney IRT60H the other day. It seems pretty decent but at the time I assumed it would be a pretty high gain amp and more suited for heavier music only. It's within my price range so I think I might consider it.
Quote by classicrocker01
Look for Marshall DSL or a Peavey JSX. Either one of those would do what you need, and do it much better than the Blackstar

I'll look into the DSL though I'd have to pick one up second hand