So, im deciding to make the switch from Active to passive in my guitar. I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, with a fixed bridge (TOM style, but strings fed body through.) I plan on putting in passive pickups, a killswitch, and one new volume and a new tone pot. I know i have to ground my Pups on the bridge somehow, not sure how to tho.

How would i go about with this (wiring diagram please if can >.<. The parts I have currently collected (with matching images) are..

2) 500K pots
(Invalid img)

1) Momentary Switch

2) Passive Pickups
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
you have to pull the bridge post sleeve out. then drill a small hole from the control cavity to the sleeve hole and feed a wire with the end stripped off through the hole. Put the post sleeve back in and wire the guitar up.

Go here for a wiring diagram www.guitarelectronics.com
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 4, 2014,
Is that first picture correct? The picture is of a blend pot, which would usually be used to blend pickup signals... instead of a toggle switch.

The ground wire will be easy enough to install. You should be able to drill a 1-2mm diameter hole from your bridge pickup cavity to one of the bridge post bushing holes. Once you've done that, feed a length of wire through the hole, strip and fan the ends, then replace the bushing. Measure the depth of your bridge post bushing and make sure that your hole is not deeper than that. You want the fanned wire ends to be trapped when you put it back in.

Edit: I need to type faster.
yes those are the pots i have. is that bad?
Edit: also, can i still use it for a volume and a tone pot?
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Last edited by selibucaz at Jan 4, 2014,
Quote by selibucaz
yes those are the pots i have. is that bad?
Edit: also, can i still use it for a volume and a tone pot?

If you wire one pot to be both volume and tone, you'll end up adjusting both parameters when you turn it. I'm pretty sure they'll be okay for single controls (so you'd wire up one set of lugs, then ignore the other), but I'm not 100% on that and you'll probably have a middle position indent, which might be irritating.
Quote by -MintSauce-
If you wire one pot to be both volume and tone, you'll end up adjusting both parameters when you turn it. I'm pretty sure they'll be okay for single controls (so you'd wire up one set of lugs, then ignore the other), but I'm not 100% on that and you'll probably have a middle position indent, which might be irritating.

ahh alright. thanks for the heads up. Pots are fairly inexpensive so i might just pick up a new pair if it bothers me.
Quote by Suffrin

Last edited by selibucaz at Jan 4, 2014,