Wow! This reminds me of "Return to Metalopolis" by Chris Poland! If this was more technical it would definitely fit in that album. (not that it needs to be more technical, it's awesome as it is)

I just think the drums need more "punch", other than that, awesome!

I'll be lurking your mp3's from time to time
Thanks. I've been playing for about four years, and so it's about as technical for 'me' right now as it is, lol. Not that it couldn't be better. I toned the drums down a bit because I wanted the guitar to be at the forefront for a short youtube video I'm doing on the guitar.
Wait, I just realized I may have given a review on a different song.

Your first link goes to "Smitten by the Source", that's the song I listened to.
The song on the new link doesn't work (I uploaded an mp3 yesterday and I had the same problem, had to upload it to soundcloud).

I'll revisit this thread in a while in case you posted a good link so I can review it.

(Btw, can you check out my song? There's a multiple choice poll so you don't really have to do much. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1629035
It's nothing compared to your stuff (please don't be nice just because I gave you a good review, tear my tune to pieces if you want!) )
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jan 5, 2014,
That link doesn't work, I had to search the name of the song.

The review:

Also loved this song!
Nice melodies, and again, sounds like it could be from "Return to Metalopolis".

I thought the guitars were a little weak and/or the bass didn't have enough presence. (example: at 1:01 there's some "punch" missing).
I can't give you any advice on how to mix stuff because I'm a noob myself, but that's just what I thought.

Other than that, a nice catchy song! (I woke up today with "Smitten by the Source" in my head, let's see if this one also hangs around )
Not sure about the mixing myself. I have good monitor speakers and it sounds just fine 'live' and in my home studio. But when I mix it down for little computer speakers, I haven't a clue where to go from there.