I have a set of dragonfire screamers. They both have ceramic magnets inside. My neck pickup is really muddy. The neck pickup has a pretty thick a5 mag glued to the bottom of the baseplate in an orientation to strengthen the magnetic field. The bridge has the same, only with a thinner a5 mag. Why is it my bridge sounds good and my neck is REALLY brassy and muddy? The magnet strength is more than the bridge. I thought that stronger magnets meant harsher higher frequencies?
Lower the neck pickup some. If the poles are adjustable, you may want to tweak them some.

Are you sure you have the pickups in the right positions?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 4, 2014,
Yeah. Lmao. And the neck pickup is already low.. I just wanted more power and highs.. And it ended up doing the opposie on the neck..
You can put the stock pickup back in. I have an Epiphone G400 and the stock bridge pickup is not that good. I put a Duncan SH-4 in it and left the neck pickup, it sounds fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah... I butchered the stock ones trying to make zebra pickups. Did everything right but... Did it all wrong. O_o
You can get something like a GFS '59 or the Fat Pat neck HB. They have some great pickups that run $25-$35 a piece. Or you can look for a used pickup on ebay.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I wonder if you just got a bad pup. I have the screamers in my explorer and they are both sharp and nice and gainy.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Low pick-up = more bass, less highs. Raise them for more treble/volume.

Also, if you're EQ'ing for heavy use of the bridge pickup you could find you're shooting yourself in the foot with the neck pickup. You'll often find people add more and more bass for a bridge pickup in order to fatten it up, and then find that the neck is muddy for the exact same reason. Balance your tone for the neck pickup and then use the tone pots that you may have noticed on your guitar to roll off any harshness in your bridge pickups. The built in higher output you tend to find in modern bridge pickups should still provide you with enough of a boost when contrasting your neck pickup despite the tone roll-off. You'll save yourself a few bob too.
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
Quote by SeamanTickles
Ryanbwags, they used to both be articulate. After getting my peavey vypyr.. It's muddy.

Have you messed with the EQ of your amp at all
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate