Are you one of those people who cares about scratches and scuff marks on your guitar or do you not care at all?
I really don't care unless there's some major structural damage that's going to affect playability/tone. Besides battle scars add character to a guitar
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
I care about avoiding scratches and chips, particularly major ones, but I don't freak out if they happen. I always wipe my guitars down and keep them in cases but shit just happens over the lifetime of a guitar, especially minor wear and tear like marks from picks. I think that damage (within reason) gives the guitar character and reminds you of all the times you've played it or gigged with it.

It also depends on the guitar. My new baritone I'm trying to take very good care of, but my Epiphone LP has been cursed since the day I bought it and I've come to accept its bad luck. First it came with a cracked neck and I got a replacement. Since then it has fallen off of stands, fallen out of straps, and had a cymbal dropped on it. It has a busted tuner that I'm replacing soon, chips in the lacquer from the falls, and a nice gash from the cymbal which I filled in with wood filler. Still one hell of a guitar and it's withstood the abuse quite well.
"Nothing of me is original, I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known." -Chuck Palahniuk
It's like anything, I wouldn't really want any serious damage to happen to my guitars. I'm pretty careful about what my guitars go through and how I treat them, but I don't freak out when there's a little scratch, scuff, or chipping.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by Mephaphil
If it's on poly, **** that. Nitro? HELLLLL YEA, BOIIII!

Pretty much.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by EADGBE1
Are you one of those people who cares about scratches and scuff marks on your guitar or do you not care at all?

I respect and take care of my gear, and I try to prevent damage.

OTOH, I'm aware that it's going to happen, and I've got no emotional investment past the first, "Dang! Mofo!"

But I'm not into the Rat Rod/Beat to Sn!t/Relic fashion statement, either.
My Strat is a nitro guitar and while I don't make dings, it is the guitar I generally go to practice with as it's the least expensive. It has a few dings on the body and I have been known to pick at them out of boredom.

The finish is dulled a bit in places now too just from playing, it's not shiny in places, it's starting to look older than it is just from playing it.

I like the look but I'm not too bothered about keeping it pristine and I wouldn't say I'm actively relicing it, but I do sit there and pick at it during breaks at practice, out of boredom.
I take care of my gear, but I also accept that entropy rules. Damage WILL occur.

I just try not to do things that will increase the probability of damage too much. So, for instance, you will NEVER see me play under the influence. I don't even do that in the privacy of my bedroom, surrounded by pillows.

And while I can accept and possibly even buy a visibly used guitar, I, too, don't care for the "relic" trend at all.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I can take scratches, but dents in places they shouldn't be really grinds my gears. (I recently dropped my audio interface on my Eclipse and now there's a small dent near the Floyd that irks me). But otherwise scratches and like dents on the headstock and body from hitting doorframes are battlescars.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I take good care of my gear but scuffs and dings are pretty unavoidable if you actually play your guitars.
Quote by monwobobbo
I take good care of my gear but scuffs and dings are pretty unavoidable if you actually play your guitars.

Exactly - I take good care of my gear too, it still occasionally gets knocked about. Even my '73 Gibson SG has picked up some nasty looking marks on the back since I've owned it. Sure, it bothers me a little. But I think if I was gonna buy an expensive guitar and then not play it, I wouldn't be getting my money's worth out of it. and besides, that guitar evidently was played by somebody for a few decades before I bought it..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I care as long as the guitar remains spotless. Once I get the first scratches and dents I just assume it's normal and somehow start getting used to it.
Quote by Mephaphil
If it's on poly, **** that. Nitro? HELLLLL YEA, BOIIII!

+1. Although my poly stuff is mostly Schecter or ESP; denting that poly requires a hammer.
i care for my gear a great deal and do my best to keep it all clean and in good condition. But if it picks up standard wear i don't get too bent about it. The first ding or scratch usually hurts then after that c'est la vie. There are a few guitars that i keep too pristine, case queens as it were. I hate being that way because i always felt that things are made to be used and played and given life. So by keeping something locked away it defeats the very purpose that it was created. Easy trap to fall into though.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.