Can I setup a MIDI controller so that each pad on the controller has their own separate track in a DAW?
Each pad?
You mean, like drum pads?
You most likely can anyway.
Just to be sure, what softwere do you want to control and what controller would you be using?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Ableton and any of Korg controllers. I haven't bought a controller yet based on the fact that I don't know if each pad on a controller has the ability to have their own track in a DAW
Last edited by Kuchar1992 at Jan 4, 2014,
Not sure with live.

In my experience, midi is a protocol you can tweak in every way possible, so I don't think it's gonna be a problem.

What would be the use of assigning pads to different tracks anyway, if I may ask?
Because maybe there's some better solution to do what you mean to.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'd like to set the pads to different drum sounds so I can tweak each drum part individually
Quote by Kuchar1992
I'd like to set the pads to different drum sounds so I can tweak each drum part individually

Yeah, you can do that in live. Either by putting one sample on each track, or using a Drum Rack (not included in Live Intro though). I do this with an Akai MPD18 and a custom drum rack in Ableton. Very very simple stuff once you get the hang of it.

In Live, there's a button in the top right that highlights everything on the screen that can be midi mapped, and you can then click a mappable location, then touch a button on your controller, and the two will be connected (and easily disconnected via a list of mapped buttons). Groovy stuff.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, you can do that in live. Either by putting one sample on each track, or using a Drum Rack (not included in Live Intro though). I do this with an Akai MPD18 and a custom drum rack in Ableton. Very very simple stuff once you get the hang of it.

In Live, there's a button in the top right that highlights everything on the screen that can be midi mapped, and you can then click a mappable location, then touch a button on your controller, and the two will be connected (and easily disconnected via a list of mapped buttons). Groovy stuff.

Thank you for the tip!