Hi there,

I've been looking for a fuzz pedal lately. However, I heard that you can get fuzzy tones out of a treble booster. I've cheked some videos and it sounds fuzzy to me (kinda velvet fuzz, nothing to harsh but I like light fuzz), altought I never owned a treble booster so I'd like to hear what you guys think about this one.

Logically, a treble booster could be achieved with, let's say, a 10 band MXR EQ, wich has both volume control and gain control.

Does:

Treble booster = Light fuzz (under certain settings) = EQ pedal (with gain control)
?

Thank you!
No.
You can't get fuzz from an EQ.
Thats why its called an EQ and not a fuzz.

You don't get fuzz from a treble booster either.
Unless its poorly biased.
in a conventional sense of what a majority of people would consider 'fuzz', a treble booster or EQ will not give you what most people call a 'fuzz tone'

in a purely subjective sense, if a cranked treble booster provides a tone you want to call 'fuzz' then so be it. and EQ pedal is probably not the best way to capture that tone though.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Ok I understand. I'm trying to be creative and reduce the amount of pedals between guitar and amp, but I guess it won't be the optimal solution.