Tonight I wrote a song and i felt very proud of it. I gave it the title "heart of gold" and i come to find out Neil Young already has a song with the same title. However, my song is entirely different and in no way related to his, other then the title and the lyrics "heart of gold"

My question is, should I change the title and the line "heart of gold" to something else? I feel that it fits the song perfect and nothing else I have tried to change it to, fits the song as well. Advice would be appreciated. Merci!
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
i wouldn't change it. it is very common for songs to have the same title. some artist do it without knowing and some do it intentionally.
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
Thanks every one, I will leave it then d:
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
IIRC, back in the 80s the UK charts had these songs all in the Top Ten at the same time:
The Power Of Love - Huey Lewis & The News
The Power Of Love - Jennifer Rush
The Power Of Love - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud