After spending the last two hours or so scouring the internet, I give up. I need help, UG.

I wanted to record some scratch tracks for my band that don't sound like complete butthole. So I went out and downloaded Amplitube 3 and picked up a snazzy Scarlett 2i2. But go figure, I'm having problems. Forgive me if I've made and/or am making some noobie mistakes as I'm completely new to the home recording world.

I can't get a processed guitar sound for the life of me. I've got all of the drivers downloaded for the 2i2, ASIO4All downloaded, but I get nothing.

I'm not using actual monitors except my computer speakers. I CAN get a raw guitar tone if I use the "Listen to device" function but it's incredibly delayed even with the buffering turned all the way down. I CAN get it to record in Audacity but only if I record in stereo and even then, it only picks up on one channel. I've tried every configuration of 2i2 and playback device in the settings tab on Amplitube and I can't get the needle to so much as even move.

Am I an idiot or is there something I'm doing wrong? Walk me through it.

Thanks guys. Cheers.
Uninstall ASIO4All. Unplug 2i2. Uninstall 2i2 software/drivers. Install software+plug in 2i2 when it tells you to (If it doesn't just plug it in before installing.) Retry recording.

ASIO4All is for devices that do not natively support ASIO with their drivers.
Quote by spicyfourpiece
Uninstall ASIO4All. Unplug 2i2. Uninstall 2i2 software/drivers. Install software+plug in 2i2 when it tells you to (If it doesn't just plug it in before installing.) Retry recording.

ASIO4All is for devices that do not natively support ASIO with their drivers.

Sweet. Did that. Works for the most part. Under ASIO I can use the 2i2 as the input and get the needle to move, but no actual sound comes out of the speaker. Just the amp "hiss". But I can tune and stuff. So that's a step forward.

For outputs it just has "Output 1/2" with no option to select another output device. This is without the ASIO4All driver, by the way.

Appreciate the help. Really.
Check if the tuner mute is on. Turn the Direct Monitor switch on the 2i2 to off. Make sure the inputs on the 2i2 are set to Line if you are doing direct guitar recording. As a side note check to see if the 48v button is depressed and make sure that it is not If you are using amplitube standalone than check your levels on the input meter. If you are using amplitube as a plug-in make sure that the track is armed in your DAW software. L and R channels will correspond to channels 1 and 2 on the front of the 2i2. So for two guitars you will have to figure out who is who. There are also different signal chain configurations in amplitube that may help if you are recording mono (1) or stereo (2) guitars. They number from 1-8 and there will be a graphic representation of the chain to the right of the number buttons. gl
Last edited by spicyfourpiece at Jan 5, 2014,