I just sanded one back part of my guitar without a mask outside, it smelled a bit weird, will I be ok with this as a once off?
Yeah, but wearing a mask is crucial if you'll be doing it more than this once. Especially when spraying paint or clear coat.
Quote by Punisher23j
Yeah, but wearing a mask is crucial if you'll be doing it more than this once. Especially when spraying paint or clear coat.

Oops.

If it makes you feel better OP, I sand and paint without a mask all the time. I'm fine (probably)
^I'm on the same boat, but the only times I've ever painted or coated anything, it's been under decent ventilation. Never saw the need when sanding, but then again, I've always done it by hand. It's probably more of a problem if you're using a sander
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Thanks for the response, I also did it by hand with a sheet of sand paper, i started in my room, then saw the mess and moved outside and it was only a small portion
If you are sanding, spraying often then a mask is an absolute must....long term exposer to this stuff can cause all sorts of medical issues down the road. Just because you're fine now doesn't mean you will be in 10yrs
Whatever sanding task you're doing, you should be wearing a mask. A lot of tonewoods are quite unpleasant, so the last thing you want is to be breathing the dust in... even for limited exposure. Even if you do a tiny bit of sanding and have decent ventilation, you're going to disperse plenty of particulates to be inhaled.
As long as you aren't short of breath, chest doesn't hurt, throat isn't inflamed, it's all good.

Just don't do it again, a silly risk to take when it's so preventable!