Hi, this is my first time doing ANYTHING to my guitar except restringing it, so bear with me please .

I'm thinking about adding new pickups to my guitar, and from other ventures that went terribly wrong like building a computer, I've decided to do a bit of research first.

I own an Ibanez ARZ400, and I'm looking for both neck and bridge pickups.

I want to do the colorful pickup business, as many bad things as you may have to say about it, unless there are legitimate reasons other than I'll look bad this is something I actually want to do.

I play metal. I like tones from Pantera to Sabbath. So something that gives versatile tones is something I'd like. That said, I was looking at these;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DiMarzio-F-spaced-Air-Norton-Tone-Zone-Set-Green-W-Black-Poles-/141129296272?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item20dbf62990

The Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton combo.

Would that give me the what I'm looking for?

Sorry if I didn't include information you guys need, just ask me anything. Thanks for the help in advance.
Will you be installing them yourself or will a technician/luthier be doing it for you? And, pickups are only part of your sound and it gets very subjective quickly, it also helps a lot to know what amp you'll be running your guitar through.
Quote by Punisher23j
Will you be installing them yourself or will a technician/luthier be doing it for you? And, pickups are only part of your sound and it gets very subjective quickly, it also helps a lot to know what amp you'll be running your guitar through.

A technician will be installing them for me. I will be running it through mainly a Peavey Vypyr 100, and I use a MXR "Fullbore Metal" pedal.
If you know how to tweak your tone on the Peavey, you will be fine. The Tone Zone and Air Norton will be a vast improvement over the stock pickups you have and will provide a good boost in clarity and output. I have a set of the DiMarzio Crunchlab and Liquifire's (which you should check out) and in conjunction with my Eleven Rack, I can get just about any sound I want, from Anthrax to Dethklok.
Last edited by Punisher23j at Jan 5, 2014,
I don't think either of those are great choices based on the stuff you play. The Tone Zone is too busy and middy, it's a great pickup for flashy lead playing and so stuff but it's not great for typical metal rhythm tones - it's too brittle sounding IMO. Likewise the chopped treble o the air norton is very much a love it or hate it thing, brilliant to shred and fusion stuff but not what I'd call versatile. The fact they're going in a mahogany guitar arguably makes them an even worse choice.

You'd probably be better off with the Norton (not the Air Norton) in the bridge and a Breed in the neck for beefy fat tones, or an Air Classic if you want a lower output pickup in the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I don't think either of those are great choices based on the stuff you play. The Tone Zone is too busy and middy, it's a great pickup for flashy lead playing and so stuff but it's not great for typical metal rhythm tones - it's too brittle sounding IMO. Likewise the chopped treble o the air norton is very much a love it or hate it thing, brilliant to shred and fusion stuff but not what I'd call versatile. The fact they're going in a mahogany guitar arguably makes them an even worse choice.

You'd probably be better off with the Norton (not the Air Norton) in the bridge and a Breed in the neck for beefy fat tones, or an Air Classic if you want a lower output pickup in the neck.

Thanks. what do you mean by lower output pickup?
Quote by Tiqii
A technician will be installing them for me. I will be running it through mainly a Peavey Vypyr 100, and I use a MXR "Fullbore Metal" pedal.

You could also give Bill Lawrence pickups a shot, Dimebag had them in his guitars. I believe it was the L500XL. And the Seagull is right, you may want to rethink the choice in pickup combination, maybe start looking at other brands.