Quote by dcia64
I wanted to know if it's my guitar that doesn't make them sound or if i need a new amp

definitely need a new amp
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
You need a new amp and your technique must be pretty poor, keep working on it m8
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Probably your best bet will be the Marshall MG
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
In case you didn't notice, this is the wrong section to post this in.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Pinch a lop-eared rabbit's fat hindquarters and sing CHO0o0o0o0oP with vibrato.

Boom, pinch harmonics.
Quote by dcia64
Sorry i didn't know where to post this

Probably the place that's about nothing but guitar techniques or that place that's about nothing but gear.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You could try buying a cheap distortion pedal and run it into the clean channel of your amp, mustangs are pretty poo. Could try a boss mt-2 or a Digitech grunge maybe. The pickups on the Ibanez are pretty poor as well, but don't bother putting after market ones in that, wait till you have a better guitar. Oh, and technique is obviously important too, so work on that.
Quote by K'Nuckles
You could try buying a cheap distortion pedal and run it into the clean channel of your amp, mustangs are pretty poo. Could try a boss mt-2 or a Digitech grunge maybe. The pickups on the Ibanez are pretty poor as well, but don't bother putting after market ones in that, wait till you have a better guitar. Oh, and technique is obviously important too, so work on that.

Run a distortion pedal through the clean channel of a modeling amp? MT-2 or a Digitech Grunge?

Genius.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Hereiwas
Probably your best bet will be the Marshall MG

Not just any MG.

A Kerry King MG

Shudders to think I onced owned this
get this

The harmonic spots vary by string. You'll have to experiment with your pick exactly where on the string to pluck to get the proper harmonic that you're looking for. Don't listen to all these other dicknigs talking about new amps. They're just being incredibly clever and original.

The proper place to ask this would be in this forum: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9
Check out my band Disturbed
hey... everyone's a dick to the new guy.

now that's unexpected
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
It's mostly technique, but pickups and the structure of your tone can play a huge part in how they ring out.

I have the technique down well. I can ring out pinch harmonics on an acoustic wherever I want. But with muddy pickups and a garbled distorted tone without some string clarity, pinch harmonics will not sound the greatest and might make you think you're doing it wrong.

Seriously tone structure has a lot to do with it, but make sure you have the technique down. If you can't make them ring out on an acoustic then you're doing it wrong.
I think you should really have a look at the way you're holding your pick when you try to pinch.
Also, have a suss of the frets around it, make sure there isn't an issue with the string catching and negating the note/harmonic as you play it.

Definitely worth giving your neck a good clean and service.

But ultimately, what you really need is a new amp.
the jokes just write themselves, don't they?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Make sure you get the technique down 100% before you go out and buy new gear, seriously.
You should be able to do them without any gain if you really have them down.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.