Page 1 of 2
On basses with 4 and 5 string, and on 6 string guitars, I don't really care how they are put.

I hate seven strings with square / rectangle headstocks like the Les Paul or some Aria style ones.

On 8 string guitars I maybe even prefer the rectangle headstocks. I'd love a custom 8 string Les Paul style guitar!
Stocky with a lot of headroom
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
if its an odd number of strings line that shit up
otherwise i don't care

i do dislike fenders headstocks i don't know why the straightness of it bothers me for some reason
I hate 4/1, 4/2, 5/1, and 5/2 a lot. Though most of the instruments that I play (banjo, mandolin, steel guitar, fiddle) always have an even split with little variation in shape.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
As long as it's not reversed it's fine. What's the point of reversed headstocks except to make tuning awkward? Although I make an exception for the left-handed neck on KK Downing's white Stratocaster just because someone made the effort of taking the neck of a left-handed Strat and putting it on a right-handed one for whatever reason.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
As long as it's not reversed it's fine. What's the point of reversed headstocks except to make tuning awkward?

It effectively lengthens the string, so it has a higher tension when tuned to pitch.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 5, 2014,
4 on each side

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It increases the tension of the lower string.

actually it doesn't increase the string tension over the fretboard, that's dictated by the scale length
it can make the string kinda feel tighter though
Last edited by captainsnazz at Jan 5, 2014,
Looks cool.

And I never had problems with tuning it. Same as tuning the bottom 3 strings of an regular acoustic lol.
Quote by captainsnazz
actually it doesn't increase the string tension over the fretboard, that's dictated by the scale length

it's like on the nutrition label where it says that it's "not significant source of tension"
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Depends quite a lot on the body style. ESP style all on one side fits mostly V's, Explorer's etc. For more brutal guitars I like the B.C. Rich style and for strats/superstrats ESP or Schecter style. 3/3 or 4/3 if it's two-sided.

Edit:
These are the ones.

Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Last edited by henrihell at Jan 5, 2014,
I like it to be a little on the thicker side, but not too thick.

Guinness stouts generally have a perfect head on them
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by captainsnazz

I googled 'universal wave equation' and fair enough.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by K33nbl4d3
As long as it's not reversed it's fine. What's the point of reversed headstocks except to make tuning awkward?

"I don't like things that are different"

OT: Single sided, reverse headstocks are my favorite. They just look cool imo.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017

dinosaurs
Quote by whywefight

so circumsized?

#goodjokes
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
so circumsized?

#goodjokes

It makes the guitar easier to clean.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by StewieSwan

and gives it a lot more personality you martians

Inline or three by three. Never liked that 4 by 2 shit that musicman tries to pull.
Headless is cool too.I have this picture from Steinberger that says "good thing we don't do circumcisions"
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jan 5, 2014,
I love the acoustic Seagull headstocks. On electrics I guess I like them lined up, looks better on different guitars though. I'm pretty indifferent, really
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Pointy, so I can stab things. Because that's 00ber cvlt \m/etalz.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Try this for awkward tuning,

I guess this is my favorite because it's the most
unique headstock I've got,

Tabdog
Either CBS Strat on a more "classy" or Kramer Vintage/Banana/Hockey Stick headstock for anything else
Quote by StewieSwan

When the Steinbergers first came out, they designed the 'headless' part of the guitar in such a way that you had to buy these special guitar strings that had 2 ball-ends instead of one, and the strings themselves were horrible. They sounded really lifeless and they were often rusty straight from the packet. They kept breaking too. People hated them.

For years, you couldn't get a converter to use regular strings on the guitars at all. It was a major asspain.

It isn't really relevant information now, since converters do exist these days. But back in the day, it was a serious problem.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 6, 2014,

Main Axe A's headstock

Main Axe B's headstock

And this

Quote by theogonia777

dinosaurs

Because **** yes.

I consider myself a connoisseur, of sorts.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Jan 6, 2014,
Quote by StewieSwan

And let's face it, it's much more attractive.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Page 1 of 2