Hi,
My right hand is good and functional but my left hand wrist is fixed at 45 degrees angel downward (due to the car accident), index finger and thumb are moving independently but other three fingers are moving together. I am able to type with both hands, can I play Guitar?
Attachments:
DSC02110.JPG
DSC02111.JPG
DSC02112.JPG
whoooooaaaaaaa

Seeing that 2014 date is really crazy ;_;
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Well, it might be hard to play like an electric guitarist, as they hold the guitar almost like a violinist with the thumb on top of the neck.

However, if you used a classical guitar left hand technique, you might be able to come up with a hybrid of the left hand position with your forearm position. In classical guitar, you almost always have the left hand positioned with the knuckles parallel to the neck, and the thumb behind the neck, not on top of it.

Last edited by The Madcap at Jan 5, 2014,
I thought wrist is not very important for playing Guitar, But it is. Since it is fixed I will get help from Health section, Hope it movement gets back.
Thank you very much for the replies.
----
MZ
Do you mean it's fixed in a cast? If so, then i would say wait until the cast comes off, otherwise you might cause some damage.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by The Madcap
Well, it might be hard to play like an electric guitarist, as they hold the guitar almost like a violinist with the thumb on top of the neck.

However, if you used a classical guitar left hand technique, you might be able to come up with a hybrid of the left hand position with your forearm position. In classical guitar, you almost always have the left hand positioned with the knuckles parallel to the neck, and the thumb behind the neck, not on top of it.

I'm an electric player and keep my thumb on the middle of the neck. it's just better to play like that for the sake of not muting yourself, mobility and not hurting yourself
Quote by mg1357

MZ

you spelled MG wrong, And I have a vague recollection of someone asking about this sort of advice recently.

Even if it wasn't you, I get the feeling you're a multi

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
you spelled MG wrong, And I have a vague recollection of someone asking about this sort of advice recently.

Even if it wasn't you, I get the feeling you're a multi

m is the first letter of my first name, z is the third letter of FN that clearly shows my name (Maziar) since it is a prominent letter. and g is the first letter of my Last name.
and I am from Iran. 57 is my year of birth and it is an Iranian year. I'm 34 ...
My sister, brother and father are Canadians (originally was Iranian)
Is there any other question in your mind?
Yes but the resulting infection will surely kill you.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Quote by mg1357
m is the first letter of my first name, z is the third letter of FN that clearly shows my name (Maziar) since it is a prominent letter. and g is the first letter of my Last name.
and I am from Iran. 57 is my year of birth and it is an Iranian year. I'm 34 ...
My sister, brother and father are Canadians (originally was Iranian)
Is there any other question in your mind?

oh I'm pretty great with telling stories too!

but really, you created your account today, and have a grand total of 3 posts. all of which are in this thread.

you could be genuine, but most people atleast say hi before they make a thread with attached images

else they have to deal with smartarses like myself that think it's fun ****ing with people who make accounts just to make one thread

Good luck with learning though, If you are genuine. It's tough, and even tougher with a physical barrier. I don't think I'd have the dedication to do it in your situation

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
It would be difficult but I'm pretty sure you'd be able to play guitar lefty style. It would be harder to strum and pick but I think you could adapt to it. Won't know till you give it a try.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
oh I'm pretty great with telling stories too!

The guy said he's had an accident and has asked for nothing but advice from people who play guitar on how he could manage to actually play the guitar with his condition. There's nothing here to suggest he's ****ing with anyone.

What's wrong with you?
Quote by Mephaphil
The guy said he's had an accident and has asked for nothing but advice from people who play guitar on how he could manage to actually play the guitar with his condition. There's nothing here to suggest he's ****ing with anyone.

What's wrong with you?

I'm tired and bored and i'm not quick to trust

this is the pit, since when are people sincere with accounts made just to post one thread whatever the reason?
everyone has a first thread sure, but even then messing with newbies is part of the gig

it's like tough love or something

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I'm gonna move this to Guitar Techniques
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

I don't even...

He's just asking for advice, obviously. Give the guy a break.
Last edited by Mephaphil at Jan 5, 2014,
Just like Madcap said above, playing with the "thumb over the neck" approach that many electric guitarists use can be a bit of a problem. Playing with a "proper" left hand technique with the thumb placed on the back of the neck (classical style), it should be much easier and comfortable for you to play with.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I'm tired and bored and i'm not quick to trust

this is the pit, since when are people sincere with accounts made just to post one thread whatever the reason?
everyone has a first thread sure, but even then messing with newbies is part of the gig

Dear Mr.

You made poor comments, I have nothing to say to you. Imagine whatever you like.
You could try a left handed guitar. That way, you have better control over the fretboard than with a right handed. Also, I'm quite sure that you could, over time, develop a good picking technique that works for you.

Best of Luck!