Getting a guitar that comes with an EMG 81. The color scheme of my guitar is black and red, and I wanna have a red humbucker with black bolts installed in place of the EMG. Even if the color scheme wasnt an issue for me, I don't like active humbuckers. My thought is, if you're gonna go actives, might as well go blackouts, but not for this guitar.

The guitar is gonna be tuned to C Standard. I run an overdrive in the front of my amp always as a clean boost for my dirty channel. Will the D Activator be tighter than a nun's butt-hole in my current setup?

Amp is Peavey 6505+, btw.
Last edited by DeathShredder23 at Jan 5, 2014,
I have a D-Activator X in the bridge and a D-Activator in the neck of my Bernie Rico Jr. and it's definitely tight.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
My D-Activators are very tight, but also pretty damn bright, in my Ibanez S tuned to E standard/Drop D. I run it into a Mesa Dual Rectifier with a double Tubescreamer clone and it's brutally tight when I want it to be.

Tuned down they should be great, and not so much "hella bright", but moreso "not muddy".
I have a set in my S420.

They're pretty damn tight, but they're too bright IMO. Those things just go hand in hand, unfortunately though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X