Hi, i really want a mac, but i dont want to use itunes for music. In windows i use windows media player. Is it possible to use quicktime for example instead of itunes on a mac? Can i set quicktime to be the defauld program for music? This confuses me.
isn't quicktime an apple thing as well?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
isn't quicktime an apple thing as well?

Pretty sure it is.

Alternatively, you could try this neato program called Songbird, which should work on both OS
Quote by King Donkey
What's so bad about iTunes?

APPLE IS SHIT OPEN YOUR EYES
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
APPLE IS SHIT OPEN YOUR EYES

or maybe it doesn't support certain audio codecs and i don't wanna convert shit for 3 hours

or actually no HATE APPLE SO EDGE GRRR
Quote by captainsnazz
I'm on a mac and I use spotify, even for the stuff I'm not streaming.
Sometimes I accidentally hit the play button on my keyboard and itunes starts and I remember it still exists.

Can this be customized, or is it pretty much like itunes is always the default music app? I use spotify for streaming, but i make alot of my own music. The thing i dont like about itunes is that i'm only viewing the shortcuts to the files, and not the files themself. This gets annoying when you often replace files with updated versions etc. Then i think its best to just view the file.
Quote by genghisgandhi
if you still ever used FLAC you're the one that's, ahem, 'so edge'

ya maybe if you actively seek out flac, but sometimes it's the only thing available

I mean unless you actually buy music
Will you plebs calm down, he just doesn't want to use iTunes. He didn't say anything about Apple and the phrase 'I really want a mac' seems to suggest he doesn't have anything against it.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
ya maybe if you actively seek out flac, but sometimes it's the only thing available

I mean unless you actually buy music

google free mp3 wma converter download the program and boom, flac to mp3 in minutes.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
iTunes for OSX is just infinitely better than any version ever released for Windows. I think you'll be surprised when you start using it on your macbook.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH
google free mp3 wma converter download the program and boom, flac to mp3 in minutes.

or just use vlc and never have to download any converters or convert anything for the rest of my life
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
or just use vlc and never have to download any converters or convert anything for the rest of my life

/thread

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH

PLEASE NO
You can just press option+click on an audio file (or the right click if you have one :P), choose "get info", and then set a default application to open that kind of audio files.

Or you can download fluke and have flac on itunes, it does work a lot better on mac.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
haha this guy uses windows media player
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
What is wrong with flac?

Also who the hell would want an Apple if he doesn't like the Apple software? ****ing useless purchase.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Ecoute is supposed to be good though I have never tried it myself. And I will agree with somebody further up that iTunes works a lot better on a Mac than on a PC.
Quote by Neo Evil11
What is wrong with flac?

Also who the hell would want an Apple if he doesn't like the Apple software? ****ing useless purchase.

Why play guitar if you never going to play every genre on it.. such waste.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 6, 2014,
Quote by xxdarrenxx

dat analogy
West Ham United
Quote by xxdarrenxx

It's the software part of Apple that distinguishes it from Windows. If he bitches about the main programs of apple, he will be in for a shock when he realizes no good program runs on apple anyway.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
What is wrong with flac?

Because it's a lossy format, unlike MP3 and M4A
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by willT08
FLAC is the format all the tunes I buy come in. Perfectly fine format

using flac just means you're trying really hard to be edgy and cool and not use mp3 or itunes or any of that other "pleb" shit

****ing edgy loser JUST USE APPLE
Last edited by OVER9000VIDEOS at Jan 6, 2014,