Poll: Tell me your habits, ladies...
Poll Options
View poll results: Tell me your habits, ladies...
I play my electric regularly, and play rock/metal or related
424 342%
I play my electric regularly, and play pop
6 5%
I play my acoustic regularly, and play rock/metal or related
217 175%
I play my acoustic regularly, and play pop
2 2%
I don't play guitar regularly, but when I do I play rock/metal or related
16 13%
I don't play guitar regularly, but when I do I play pop
55 44%
I'm a dude, just lurking.
5456 4400%
Voters: 124.
Page 1 of 3
To all the ladies in UG, do you actually play guitar? If so what genre?

I have a strong suspicion that only a small percentage of women actually play guitar regularly, and only One Direction type songs. Let's see how wrong I am

EDIT:
I mean that I don't see that many women guitar players and assume there aren't many who play regularly. I also assume that because the majority of the ones I've seen are the ones that usually just play pop-type songs and don't seem to take other genres or guitar playing seriously.

I didn't mean to sound patronizing.

I also didn't make the distinction between teenage girls and adult women.

And apparently I'm a sexist bastard
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jan 6, 2014,
I have a strong suspicion that nobody on this forum actually plays guitar anymore. this place has been around a while, surely some of you have given up the dream?
oh, lord.

I know for a fact one of the females on here is in the top 30 or so tab contributors.

so.
ayy lmao
I am such a hxc lady and I love sucking d.

Especially big d like yours, daddy.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Minicaxotinho
Shut up guys, you'll scare the ladies...

there's literally only like 5 on ultimate-guitar.
ayy lmao
Guitar-playing women are a reclusive creature they are. Never seen one in the wild. They must have beauty-hibernation and only come out for raves.
Check em out, it is worth it
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
i am a lady
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by KTFM
Can you suck my d?

All of it...

blleuuugh, blugh bluuuuuuuuuuuh...

If you thought that was hot, you're a perv
Quote by Minicaxotinho

I have a strong suspicion that I'm sexist, and I've decided to confirm if that's true

Indeed it is.
Quote by Minicaxotinho
I have a strong suspicion that only a small percentage of women actually play guitar regularly, and only One Direction type songs.
Wow, you sound like an asshole.
Quote by psyks
Quote by snipelfritz
All of it...

blleuuugh, blugh bluuuuuuuuuuuh...

Wow, you sound like an asshole

Woah, that does sound like my asshole...

GETTING ****ED...huehuehuehue!
I'm not a woman, but I play one on TV.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
you only have rock, metal and pop as options? jesus.. Not that it should bother me, since I'm a dude.
"Oh my god, women."

Is this vibe I get from these posts. I genuinely don't understand why it's a big deal that there are females active on this forum. People seem surprised.
I like 1D and I don't play guitar anymore (though I may do so in the future) are you happy that I have confirmed your stereotype of female UGers?
cat
None of the above.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by guitarxo
I like 1D and I don't play guitar anymore (though I may do so in the future) are you happy that I have confirmed your stereotype of female UGers?

Omg I'm like, so into One Direction too.
Like, Harry Styles is so cute, you know? Like, superhot!
like.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Minicaxotinho

I have a strong suspicion that only a small percentage of women actually play guitar regularly, and only One Direction type songs. Let's see how wrong I am

How sexist do you want to be? I know a few girls on UG and from college who could probably play circles around most on here, and if you search youtube, there are plenty of girls playing stuff from Animals As Leaders, Meshuggah, Dream Theater etc to a ridiculous standard for anyone. Gender shouldn't play a part in it.

I agree with Shinysides though, I doubt anyone really plays guitar that much here anymore. I play more tuba than anything else nowadays, and very rarely post anymore.

Probably due to the shallow views most people have.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
How sexist do you want to be?

well hold on there sir righteous of the order of the white knights of the chivalry table
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I play guitar still. Although, I think I cuddle with my guitar more than I actually play it now a days, honestly. In my defense, my guitar is sexy as hell. Sexier than yours. Probably even sexier than you.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
I play guitar still. Although, I think I cuddle with my guitar more than I actually play it now a days, honestly. In my defense, my guitar is sexy as hell. Sexier than yours. Probably even sexier than you.

Not sexier than me, and definitely not sexier than my guitar.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
how can the poll have over 6000 votes and the thread only 800 views?
Come on, really? I asked an innocent question and now I'm sexist

I only said that because that's what I see, and it's true. Women generally don't play guitar as much because they're conditioned not to, and when they play it's usually something they like. Since women are the main target of boy bands and the like, it's normal that they play it more than metal for example.
Page 1 of 3