Page 1 of 2
What is your favorite song on Eminem's new album?

I haven't really given it a listen but if you could a recommend to me to listen to, which one would you personally recom mend?

Thanks in advanced!

baby Vee
Top Five (Although I do like every song on it)

Love Game
Rap God
Headlights
So Far..
Bad Guy
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
That one song where he talks about beating women and how he's relapsed again and then had that verse in that high squeeky voice where he mentioned being white again.
I don't think my best friend meant to stab him in the heart and twist it so much

I will check out those songs..... Thank you

Anymore, you guys?

What are your personal thoughts on the underlying meanings and messages of his song?

Very brutal hatred and love all at once, amiright?
i've said it here before

white boy ain't no microphone assassin

just some punk ass j-roc wannabe u no what im sayin

My top songs on that album are

1. Headlights
2. Evil Twin
3. Rap God
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
If you don't have anything real or anything of worth to contribute, then why even bother posting in the thread?

I really appreciate the rest of you guys.... You guys are wonderful
Quote by Veronicuh
If you don't have anything real or anything of worth to contribute, then why even bother posting in the thread?

I really appreciate the rest of you guys.... You guys are wonderful

Go post this in the appropriate sub-forum then
i think i'm gonna write an eminem appreciation blog. upon thinking about what to write in response to this thread, i realized i have a lot to say about him.

for mmlp2, i would recommend seriously following the lyrics in rapgenius.com and clicking on certain lyrics to know the meaning behind some of them. some of them have extensive backgrounds and/or references to his past, and you only have to do this once in order to like it. bad guy is a great song which is a sequel to stan, and stands out for that reason. the exiting verse with the bass voice is quite iconic imo.

rap god is an obvious winner here. the fast verse beginning with summa lumma dumma lumma is not only spitting a hard syllable on every single 1/16th beat, but the clarity and pronunciation with which he spits that verse is immense. people have rapped much much faster than this. that is not the point of this verse. the point is to show that he can do it better. it's also packed with funny and great lines such as (for me to rap like a robot, must be in my genes. i've got a laptop in my back pocket). to be honest, my favorite moment in this song is the part where he references MMLP1.

in mmlp1, more specifically, the song 'i'm back', he says "i take seven kids from Columbine, put em all in a line. add an ak47, a revolver, and a 9". add a mac-11 and that outta solve a problem of mine, that's a whole school of bullies shot up all at one time". even the explicit version censored out 'kids' and 'columbine'. in rap god, he repeats this verse, then saying right after it, "let's see if i'll get away with it now that i'm not as big as i was"

headlights is in connection with all the shit he's said about his mum. he's dedicated whole songs to her being a bad mother (cleanin out my closet) and sometimes just spits a line about her, not always very subtle ones (is your mom really on as much dope as you say she's on?) and (**** you, debbie!). he apologizes to his mum in this song and tells her all the shit he wants to tell her, despite her not being very good at being a single mother.

if you want to hear a song that sounds like one of his older songs, so much better is a good one. it's another angry song towards kim, which is why it doesn't get much attention, but it's important that you listen to it too. it's in connection with Kill You, i believe, mostly going by the (i'm only playin bitch, you know i love you) line at the end. it's not the first time he's repeated that though

all in all, i'm not actually very happy with this album. i still listen to his old stuff way more. he seems way too robotic and almost a slave to the beat in this album, and his ideas are not as good as they used to be. people always acclaim him for his amazing lyricism, but it was never that that got him far. there are other amazing lyricists in the world too, they just don't have any ideas. for example:

(one for the money, two for the better green, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)

and

(life isn't a bitch, life is a beautiful woman. you just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that pussy. maybe she didn't feel you shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess.)

two excellent lines from two excellent lyricists, but they're not nearly as famous as eminem. eminem has great ideas. stan? great idea. infinite? great idea. without me? kill you? the real slim shady? my name is? criminal? all fantastic ideas. it was never lyricism that was lacking in this album. it was his tone of voice, his rhythm, and most importantly, his ****in ideas. he doesn't have many good ones in this album.

however, you should listen to it and read the lyrics for some of the good songs too. they're good, just not 'eminem' good.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Jan 6, 2014,
Quote by laid-to-waste
i think i'm gonna write an eminem appreciation blog. upon thinking about what to write in response to this thread, i realized i have a lot to say about him.

for mmlp2, i would recommend seriously following the lyrics in rapgenius.com and clicking on certain lyrics to know the meaning behind some of them. some of them have extensive backgrounds and/or references to his past, and you only have to do this once in order to like it. bad guy is a great song which is a sequel to stan, and stands out for that reason. the exiting verse with the bass voice is quite iconic imo.

rap god is an obvious winner here. the fast verse beginning with summa lumma dumma lumma is not only spitting a hard syllable on every single 1/16th beat, but the clarity and pronunciation with which he spits that verse is immense. people have rapped much much faster than this. that is not the point of this verse. the point is to show that he can do it better. it's also packed with funny and great lines such as (for me to rap like a robot, must be in my genes. i've got a laptop in my back pocket). to be honest, my favorite moment in this song is the part where he references MMLP1.

in mmlp1, more specifically, the song 'i'm back', he says "i take seven kids from Columbine, put em all in a line. add an ak47, a revolver, and a 9". add a mac-11 and that outta solve a problem of mine, that's a whole school of bullies shot up all at one time". even the explicit version censored out 'kids' and 'columbine'. in rap god, he repeats this verse, then saying right after it, "let's see if i'll get away with it now that i'm not as big as i was"

headlights is in connection with all the shit he's said about his mum. he's dedicated whole songs to her being a bad mother (cleanin out my closet) and sometimes just spits a line about her, not always very subtle ones (is your mom really on as much dope as you say she's on?) and (**** you, debbie!). he apologizes to his mum in this song and tells her all the shit he wants to tell her, despite her not being very good at being a single mother.

if you want to hear a song that sounds like one of his older songs, so much better is a good one. it's another angry song towards kim, which is why it doesn't get much attention, but it's important that you listen to it too. it's in connection with Kill You, i believe, mostly going by the (i'm only playin bitch, you know i love you) line at the end. it's not the first time he's repeated that though

all in all, i'm not actually very happy with this album. i still listen to his old stuff way more. he seems way too robotic and almost a slave to the beat in this album, and his ideas are not as good as they used to be. people always acclaim him for his amazing lyricism, but it was never that that got him far. there are other amazing lyricists in the world too, they just don't have any ideas. for example:

(one for the money, two for the better green, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)

and

(life isn't a bitch, life is a beautiful woman. you just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that pussy. maybe she didn't feel you shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess.)

two excellent lines from two excellent lyricists, but they're not nearly as famous as eminem. eminem has great ideas. stan? great idea. infinite? great idea. without me? kill you? the real slim shady? my name is? criminal? all fantastic ideas. it was never lyricism that was lacking in this album. it was his tone of voice, his rhythm, and most importantly, his ****in ideas. he doesn't have many good ones in this album.

however, you should listen to it and read the lyrics for some of the good songs too. they're good, just not 'eminem' good.

Too long, did not read
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Allow the tides of the ocean to ruffle up against the shore as mother nature allows her to.
Quote by ehbacon
can we make a rule that any 14er who makes a thread will be banned?

Rule in affect until February.

You realise that by posting that comment you'd be banned too? cause reading that shit made me think you are mentally 14.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by laid-to-waste
alright

Alright I've read it and I disagree.
Not so many great ideas? an apology song for his mom after all the songs he made? great idea(Headlights) It shows how much he has matured over all the time he's been around.
Thats just 1 of many big examples on this album.
The dyed hair back to blonde? genius idea too if you ask me. that just made people more excited for the album.
Hip hop is somewhat in the same situation as Metal/Rock/insert other guitar genre.
Eminem is the only 1 that's still relevant these days. the fact that he still is, and this album was such a success proves that the whole album was a great idea.

Quote by ehbacon
13 actually.

you definitly act ur age then
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Jan 6, 2014,
I liked that song where he featured Kendrick Lamar because...Kendrick Lamar.
I don't visit these message boards for years, and when I randomly just enter a thread on the first page, I still see people on these forums bitching about what year people joined. See you guys never, I'm going ice skating.
Nikolas
By far my favourite lyrics
So I wanna make sure somewhere
In this chicken scratch I scribble and doodle
Enough rhymes to maybe try to help get some people through tough times
But I gotta keep a few punchlines, just in case cause even you unsigned
Rappers are hungry looking at me like it's lunchtime
I know there was a time where once I, was king of the underground
But I still rap like I'm on my Pharoahe Monch grind
So I crunch rhymes, but sometimes when you combine
Appeal with the skin color of mine
You get too big and here they come trying to censor you like that one line
I said on "I'm Back" from the Mathers LP one when I tried to say
"I'll take seven kids from Columbine
Put 'em all in a line, add an AK-47, a revolver and a nine"
See if I get away with it now that I ain't as big as I was but I'm...

And his last verse on Love Game

So needless to say I'm feelin' betraye
Snatch my house key off her key chain
She jumps off Wee-Bey from The Wire's dick
Now she's chasing me with a cheese grater
Here goes that broken record, cliché, it's all my fault anyway
She's turning the tables, I'm a beat-break
She treats my face like Serato, she cuts and scratches like a DJ
Each day is an Instant Replay
They say what we display, is symptomatic of attack behavior
Back together but forgot today was her b-day, she cut me off on the freeway
Simple misunderstanding but just as I went to slam on the brakes
That's when I realized that she may be as crazy as me, wait
Bitch cut my ****ing brakeline, stepped on them ****ers 8 times
Still goin' 73, thank God there's an exit coming up
What the mother F-U-C-K's wrong with her?
Hit the off ramp 'til I coasted to a goddamn halt, hit a ****ing tree
Now here she comes at full speed, she's racing at me, okay
You wanna **** with me, eh?
Snatch the bitch out her car through the window, she screaming
I body slam her on the cement, until the concrete gave
And created a sinkhole, buried this stink ho in it
Then pay to have the street repaved
(The ****?) Woke up in a dream state
In a cold sweat like I got hit with a freeze ray during a heat wave
Guess I eventually caved though, cause she's laying next to me in bed
Directly aiming a gat at my head!
Woke up again and jumped up like **** it, I've had it, I'm checking into rehab
I confess I'm a static addict, I guess that's why I'm so clingy
Every girl I've ever had either says I got too much baggage
Or I'm too ****ing dramatic
Man what the **** is the matter, I'm just a ****ing romantic
I ****ing love you, you ****ing bitch!
Combative, possessive, in fact last time I was mad at an ex
I actually set off a chain reaction of tragic events
I said, "Hit the road" and after she left, I sent that bitch a text
I said, "Be careful driving, don't read this and have an accident!"
She glanced to look at it and wrecked
Too bad, thought we had a connect, no sense dwelling makes
Never been a more compelling case
Than the model covered in L'Oreal and mace
Who fell from grace eleven stories for storytelling
While the ***** was yelling, "Rape"
'Til her vocal cords were swelling
And her voice were more hoarser than Tori Spellings' face
Still they swarm the gates
And my fancy estates to greet Norman Bates with a warm embrace
Unless you're Andrea Yates, don't ask me for a date
Don't be late, well the sentiment's great
But wait, think there's been a mistake
You wanted an intimate date, I wanna intimidate
I have infinite hate in my blood
It's mainly because of the game of, (*Message sound*)
"Wait, dinner at eight?"
I have infinite hate in my blood
It's mainly because of the game of...
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by MetalMullet
Eminem lol

no guitarz= no real music

there are guitars in a lot of his songs you idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXumtgwtak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLZFdqwh7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ9_TKayu9s

just a few with guitars. ignorant much?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by laid-to-waste
life isn't a bitch, life is a beautiful woman. you just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that pussy. maybe she didn't feel you shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess

So glad you've used that example, I've always loved that lyric.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
there are guitars in a lot of his songs you idiot.

lol

no metal guitarz = no real guitar
Quote by ChucklesMginty
rap is gay i only listen to REL music like bfmv unlike ur autotuned 'music' ugh i have pretty much given up on my generashun

Dis dud knowz wazzup
I like rap god quite a bit, but to be fair the whole album is strong.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I was listening to some new Eminem with a friend yesterday. I had to get out of the car to clear my head. The guy had some funny songs once upon a time, but now it's just a non-stop barrage of words describing how awesome / better than everyone else / self-absorbed Eminem is. It was literally tiresome listening to him after only a couple of tracks. Almost as if he's sitting there with a dictionary looking for words he hasn't used before and throwing them into a sentence which he spits out in his same old tried and true rhythm.

Overall, nothing innovative, nothing interesting, just more of the same stuff.
Quote by MetalMullet
Eminem lol

no guitarz= no real music

Came here to say this

Cant spell Rap without CRAP
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Not so many great ideas? an apology song for his mom after all the songs he made? great idea(Headlights) It shows how much he has matured over all the time he's been around.
Thats just 1 of many big examples on this album.
The dyed hair back to blonde? genius idea too if you ask me. that just made people more excited for the album.
Hip hop is somewhat in the same situation as Metal/Rock/insert other guitar genre.
Eminem is the only 1 that's still relevant these days. the fact that he still is, and this album was such a success proves that the whole album was a great idea.

no, those aren't 'genius ideas'. those are just ideas. infact, both of them are either incorporating or repeating previous ideas.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Weaponized
Came here to say this

Cant spell Rap without CRAP

I think you got that backwards...
Page 1 of 2