Just bought a second hand Epiphone Sheraton II semi hollowbody guitar but want to swap out the stock pickups... Not afraid to spend a decent amount. I play in a blues rock 2-piece who also do some quite heavy stoner rock type stuff too (think old-school The Black Keys and White Stripes meets Kyuss and Clutch). Probably going to be playing in a lower tuning with this guitar. Use a Marshall Plexi...

I've been looking at some Seymour Duncans and also the Gibson humbuckers, but have no idea what will work best with a hollowbody...

Any recommendations would be great! Cheers
For the neck Pickup, at least, I highly recommend the Seymour Duncan AlNiCo II Pro. I just swapped one out of my Epi Les Paul that had been in there for a few years, and one thing it never disappointed at was a nice, thick, Stoner or Blues sound. I can't say how it would work in the Bridge for those out of experience, but I would see no reason why it wouldn't work well.

I had the Pearly Gates in the Bridge before, but now it's in the Neck with a JB in the bridge, but I would say that both of those would probably be too bright for Stoner or the style blues you want. You might consider the Custom 5 or Custom Custom, though. I will say that in the middle position, the JB/PG combo gives me some pretty epic Stoner tones, but I still think you might be better suited with pickups that aren't as bright and a little bit smoother in the midrange.
I upgraded the pickups in my Epi Dot back in the day and it sounded a lot better. I went with an SH4 in the bridge and an SH2 Jazz in the neck.
Cheers guys! I hadn't checked back here until just now and ended up going for a set of Gibson 57 Classics in neck and bridge, as I read that they're the stocks in most Gibson ES-335's... we'll see how it goes when they arrive!
Quote by NormH3
Update???

i think its probably a dead topic now.

post your own thread for your question.

i reported the necrobump and this thread will likely be closed.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i think its probably a dead topic now.

post your own thread for your question.

i reported the necrobump and this thread will likely be closed.

I was curious what the outcome was. I have no question. I see nothing wrong with that.