Page 1 of 2
We've all laughed at holocaust jokes, all laughed at racist jokes, all laughed at rape jokes.

However laughing at them doesn't make you a terrible person. I just got told by a friend he pities me because I find some rape jokes funny.

In addition to this, the TUMBLR SOCIAL JUSTICE BRIGADE has boycotted The Hobbit and Sherlock because Martin Freeman made a rape joke once which makes him the worst person ever.

What do you think of this stance and of offensive jokes in general?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Martin Freeman is raping you're nig-ger mom, who lost 7 fingers and an eye in the holocaust.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Yeah.... It makes you a bad person.... If you want to use your brain and think objectively about morals then yes, it indeed does make you a bad person.... That is, if you want to choose to personally acknowledge is as true.... It's good to keep your mind open
There are no offensive jokes. There are jokes, and there are overly sensitive people. Thinking something is offensive is an opinion and should be treated like any other opinion.
Quote by Lol Natures
There are no offensive jokes. There are jokes, and there are overly sensitive people. Thinking something is offensive is an opinion and should be treated like any other opinion.

This is what I thought. If some people had their way we would not actually say anything for the fear that it might offend someone existing in the world.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Lol Natures

It's my opinion there are offensive jokes, it's your opinion there aren't. Is your opinion superior to mine? Is mine superior to yours? Are you being pedantic and does it really matter what we call it?
Nope..... There really are offensive jokes that most people can collectively agree that they are, indeed, offensive.... It depends on the individual or group of individuals and if they have a sick and twisted sense of humor, like myself, or not.... It really depends
Quote by Veronicuh
Yeah.... It makes you a bad person.... If you want to use your brain and think objectively about morals then yes, it indeed does make you a bad person.... That is, if you want to choose to personally acknowledge is as true.... It's good to keep your mind open

Nope, you're wrong.

It only makes you a bad person if it harms someone, or if it influences you in such a way that you go on to harm people.
Quote by Lol Natures

Oh look, we have another winner of the wrong award.

Firstly, "offensive" describes the tendency of a work, piece, expression or statement to produce aversive emotional responses in people that see them. It is entirely descriptive- if somebody says "that is offensive" then unless they are lying, they are right. In some limited sense, it is offensive in that it offends them personally.

The more people who find something offensive, the more offensive that thing is.
If you have to ask TS, you are a bad person.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
There is more than one way to perceive it but yeah, to each his own with your personal realizations, perspectives, and opinions.....
Part of the humour of offensive jokes lies in being aware that what's being said is wrong and shocking.

You'd be more of a monster if you didn't laugh at offensive jokes.
Ya so why bother people who choose to boycott people for being offensive. Is it offensive to you? Do you really care? Can you just not stand people thinking different from you?
Quote by captainsnazz
not particularly but all the other stupid shit you post does

I agree with this cracker.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by EndTheRapture51

What do you think of this stance and of offensive jokes in general?

I'm highly offended by the use of 'literally' there.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Wow, I just looked up the Martin Freeman shit. He sounds like a total fuckwad.
lol, people are seriously mad over that? Get a ****ing grip
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Nah, just means you have a sense of humor.
People cannot offend anyone, only others can allow themselves to be offended. This is one of the problems with society today. You cant say certain things or joke about certain things without someone bitching and moaning about it.
This is the problem with society today. You cannot bitch and moan without someone bitching and moaning about it.
Quote by Weaponized
It's my opinion there are offensive jokes, it's your opinion there aren't. Is your opinion superior to mine? Is mine superior to yours? Are you being pedantic and does it really matter what we call it?

Your opinion has fuck all to do with it; For offensive jokes to exist, something would have to be universally offensive. There are jokes that you find offensive, and others don't
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Anyone care to quote Martin Freeman's post on here?

Quote by Lol Natures

What you're saying is: offending people is fine and if you call me a nigg*r or a fagg*t you're just expressing your opinion.

Freedom of speech includes verbal abuse people, look it up.
i looked up the martin freeman stuff too. in some cases he sounds like a little bit of a douche, but overall i'm surprised that people are getting so offended by his remarks.

that tumblr is a real gem though. morally aware tabloid journalism? wow.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Jan 6, 2014,
Quote by ctfod
Your opinion has fuck all to do with it; For offensive jokes to exist, something would have to be universally offensive. There are jokes that you find offensive, and others don't

Are you serious?

For something to be universally offensive, something would have to be universally offensive. For something to be offensive, it need only be offensive.
Quote by Basti95
Anyone care to quote Martin Freeman's post on here?

Here you go.

The actor, 42, was promoting The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, when he was asked by a Danish interviewer who he would most like to date – a dwarf, a hobbit, or an elf? Freeman answered: ‘Elf, definitely. Because look at them; they’re beautiful. Men or women.’ Then things took a darker turn when the reporter asked about the height difference. He replied: ‘I’ve got a ladder. It’s fine. And I’ve got drugs. I could just make them — you know. Slip them something in their goblet. ‘Some will get offended by that now. Cause they’ll call it rape or whatever. But, um, you know. For me, it’s a helping hand.’
Quote by ctfod

For something to taste good literally everyone in the world needs to think it tastes good? This shit is getting old
I guess it depends on the joke and when you tell it. Dane Cook making that Colorado shooting joke was kind of ****ed up.
I laugh at jokes that are messed up all the time. I don't know if I appreciate them because sometimes they can be really witty, but I'll usually acknowledge that they are messed up. I don't feel bad about laughing though.
He probably should've stopped a sentence earlier than he did.

The first bit's a bit tasteless but all still sounds a bit fantasy LoTR-y, but then he decided to remove all doubt and say "yes, I was talking about rape and I think it's fine".
🌻🌻🌻nooothing is offensive on the internet annnnd yooooou hate freedoooom if you think otttherwiiiiise🌹🌹🌹
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
the problem with people today is that i'm completely self centered.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Tumblr is dumb.

Martin Freeman is dumb.

Rape jokes are dumb.

Everything about this is ten kinds of moronic.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I didn't find it that funny, but whatever. Also, Elves don't exist. We should be allowed to joke about raping elves.

I raped a leprechaun once, and there is no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow. That being said, Gorgons make me rock hard.
Page 1 of 2