Page 1 of 2
Discuss this absolute shitstorm of winter we just got hit with. Constant blowing snow from Saturday night to this morning, so much so that any efforts to clear the roads (even major highways are awful) are completely futile.

Temperatures have gotten as low as -30°F with wind chill, and I know places West of the Great Lakes such as Minnesota/Wisconsin have been even colder.

My school actually closed today, and as far as I know Michigan State has closed only a handful of times in its entire history due to weather. We may even get tomorrow off too, which is about the rarity of witnessing a Bigfoot and Chupacabra death match.

So, how have things been going for you?
Michigan here too, this weather blows. I was supposed to go track some stuff today but that's pretty out of the question now.
Really only Half-Omniscient
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Tiny bit of snow and all you pussies go out of your minds,

#Britishmasterrace

People die when it gets in the 90'sF there.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Deliriumbassist

#Britishmasterrace

pretty sure Michigan gets colder than uk
Wind chill warning for us (-40 to -50 Celsius) atm. Most of the snow hasn't been removed yet, which is ridiculously hard to walk through

And no schools or universities have closed.

I don't think I will make it home alive today
ggg1 ggg3

It snows heavily every couple of days here, my city is struggling with keeping the roads clear and finding places to store all of the snow piles. Just a typical winter in Canada.
Quote by BladeSlinger
People die when it gets in the 90'sF there.

I love seeing Brits on forums bitching "zomg it was a scorcher today", and it was 85F there.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I think we're now getting the end what just went through you guys. It was 60º when I woke up and it's supposed to be -20 windchill by tonight. Never heard of a temperature change that drastic around here
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 6, 2014,
Quote by WCPhils
I think we're now getting the end what just went through you guys. It was 60º when I woke up and it's supposed to be -20 windchill by tonight. Never heard of a temperature change that drastic

We went from 60 and 70 to about 5 recently, I think. Negative temperature here is pretty rare and is pretty much only at night.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I've spent a total of 6 hours in the last 2 days shovelling god damn snow. My back is fried and my arms and shoulders are toast too. I ****ing hate winter so ****ing much this gay ass bullshit season can suck a big fat donkey ****
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by BladeSlinger
We went from 60 and 70 to about 5 recently, I think. Negative temperature here is pretty rare and is pretty much only at night.

yea, we don't get negatives that much either. 0-10 is usually what it hovers around at the coldest.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by behind_you
Wind chill warning for us (-40 to -50 Celsius) atm. Most of the snow hasn't been removed yet, which is ridiculously hard to walk through

And no schools or universities have closed.

I don't think I will make it home alive today

Roads, especially in more residential areas, are like a skating rink. The drive in to school this morning was dreadful.
Quote by Acϵ♠
I've spent a total of 6 hours in the last 2 days shovelling god damn snow. My back is fried and my arms and shoulders are toast too. I ****ing hate winter so ****ing much this gay ass bullshit season can suck a big fat donkey ****

We don't get that much snow but I still hate it. My cousins from Texas will want snow and my sister's boyfriend from southern California will also want snow. I just want to shake them and tell them how awful it is.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by WCPhils
yea, we don't get negatives that much either. 0-10 is usually what it hovers around at the coldest.

This. I've never been in this cold. I just walked half a block to drop off rent and thank satan my school was closed today. It's 0 here and winds are like ~20 mph which makes it ****ing hell.

Nobody here is really prepared for that kind of cold. I'm definitely not.
i wish it would snow here, not like, 6 feet of snow that buries us in like it does you guys, but something? it only ever gets really really cold when the sky is completely clear. Other wise its just cold enough to not freeze the rain and just be wet and cold as F*ck
Hey eastern side got shat on too.

Its currently 1 degrees here right now. High is 5, and low is -6
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by pugachev
i wish it would snow here, not like, 6 feet of snow that buries us in like it does you guys, but something? it only ever gets really really cold when the sky is completely clear. Other wise its just cold enough to not freeze the rain and just be wet and cold as F*ck

That is all snow is.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Roads, especially in more residential areas, are like a skating rink. The drive in to school this morning was dreadful.

On a normal drive back to school, I can get there in less than an hour from Grand Rapids. This is all on major highways. Yesterday my drive took nearly three hours, I passed probably over twenty separate accidents (I'm not even talking individual cars in ditches, full on legitimate accidents) on the way, and actually witnessed a cop try to pull someone in front of me over for speeding, and they skidded off the road into a rail attempting to pull over.

Point being: Highways are absolutely bananas right now, stay off of them if you can.

Nothing like a cold Canadian morning to get the blood pumping.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
I wish all of you pansies would stop using that dreadful imperial system
-2 degrees out, not counting wind chill and probably around 10 inches of snow

then in the summer time it will 110 degrees for a couple weeks, st. louis weather is cray
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Double negatives over here with -36 windchill.
No thanks, Jose.

Should go back to normal by Wednesday though; so that's good.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

#Britishmasterrace

If you Brits had that much snow, you certainly wouldn't go out of your minds. Because they would probably be frozen already. Like, what do you all know about snow? Nothing, that's what.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I just flew back to school in Halifax today, had to cancel my flight twice because of the damn weather. I leave the snow and wicked cold in toronto and come to +1 and pissing rain in Halifax. But the sidewalks are still shit and now they're just pooling with water, it's absolutley miserable
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by theogonia777
If you Brits had that much snow, you certainly wouldn't go out of your minds. Because they would probably be frozen already. Like, what do you all know about snow? Nothing, that's what.

You think we know nothing of the cold? Have you been inside one of our women's vaginas? British men, upon realising that their wedding anniversary is coming up, can only bring themselves to utter 'Winter is coming.'
Quote by angusfan16
Hey eastern side got shat on too.

Its currently 1 degrees here right now. High is 5, and low is -6
That sounds nice.
Yea as some others have said, the temp drop was the most impressive part, in my opinion. About a 50 degree high on Sunday, if I remember correctly, and a high of 1 today. And by Thursday, it'll be back up in the high 50s.

I was hoping it would stay cold longer than it will, though, so the lake here could freeze enough to be walked on.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Had a pipe freeze this morning despite having the heat running. Put some insulation down there and a space heater and have been forced to drink beer to stay hydrated. Best day ever.
A water main in my home town busted due to the cold water, so no one can drink lol.

That's basically custom for winter, though. I couldn't tell you how many times my front yard was dug up so the town could access a line.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by seanlang01
Had a pipe freeze this morning despite having the heat running. Put some insulation down there and a space heater and have been forced to drink beer to stay hydrated. Best day ever.

I'm not a doctor or anything... but I don't think that works
Quote by BladeSlinger
That is all snow is.

Snow isn't wet. Anyone who has spent any real time in cold climates is well aware of this.
You can actually use snow to absorb moisture if you break through ice etc...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
what happened to global warming

i want my palm trees and 50 degree winters

this is pure balls
Quote by Mr E Meat
what happened to global warming

i want my palm trees and 50 degree winters

this is pure balls

>doesn't understand climate change
Page 1 of 2