Quote by danyal92
Anything wrong with this solo please point it out :S

http://picosong.com/kTkA/

Sounded a bit sloppy, out of the rhythm sometimes.
It was kind of like the original, but it's just not there yet.
That or you tried your own spin.

impressive you got that far though. I can't solo like that if i wanted to xD
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
kind of like the original? thats the best thing ive heard about it yet :P hahah its nowhere near there yet theres something i just cant point out. thanks alot btw
Quote by danyal92
kind of like the original? thats the best thing ive heard about it yet :P hahah its nowhere near there yet theres something i just cant point out. thanks alot btw

Well I could hear some small parts of it being played right
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by danyal92
thanks alot kudos on the cover of "your song" btw

Thanks a lot mate
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Not a bad attempt at all, the intro to the Dave Murray solo sounded nice. I enjoyed listening to your lead tone as well. You definitely took the time to start learning the notes/rhythms of those runs. The only mistakes that you could correct—if you wanted to play exact same solo—would be the out of tune note at the end of Janick’s solo and the off-beat ending to Dave’s solo (which actually sounded quite cool). However, if you want sound more like the Maiden guitarists in this solo, I’d suggest learning some of the techniques that they use a lot. For example, I think learning Dave’s trilling technique will help you tremendously. This technique involves only using the left hand and trilling then hammering on and pulling off with the trilling finger on the last note of the trill followed by a slide down to the root note of the next trill. This is quite easy to practice, but it takes a while to improve the strength of your fingers. Also, the Maiden guitarists tie in various riffs of the solo by letting the last note die down with a slide down to the headstock, then quickly slide back up to the first note of the next riff. Other than that, I think just enjoying playing some more Maiden tunes will improve your playing ability and style over time. I still have a long way to go in terms of learning the Maiden lead style myself (especially Dave’s more modern soloing), but when you enjoy playing their solos the notes start to come naturally

C4C?:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1628256
Quote by MaverickTR
Not a bad attempt at all, the intro to the Dave Murray solo sounded nice. I enjoyed listening to your lead tone as well. You definitely took the time to start learning the notes/rhythms of those runs. The only mistakes that you could correct—if you wanted to play exact same solo—would be the out of tune note at the end of Janick’s solo and the off-beat ending to Dave’s solo (which actually sounded quite cool). However, if you want sound more like the Maiden guitarists in this solo, I’d suggest learning some of the techniques that they use a lot. For example, I think learning Dave’s trilling technique will help you tremendously. This technique involves only using the left hand and trilling then hammering on and pulling off with the trilling finger on the last note of the trill followed by a slide down to the root note of the next trill. This is quite easy to practice, but it takes a while to improve the strength of your fingers. Also, the Maiden guitarists tie in various riffs of the solo by letting the last note die down with a slide down to the headstock, then quickly slide back up to the first note of the next riff. Other than that, I think just enjoying playing some more Maiden tunes will improve your playing ability and style over time. I still have a long way to go in terms of learning the Maiden lead style myself (especially Dave’s more modern soloing), but when you enjoy playing their solos the notes start to come naturally

C4C?:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1628256

Thanks alot man im focusing on the trilling these days (in terms of the randy rhoads crazy train style).