I bought my first distortion pedal today(the metal muff)and I was wondering what the eq setting should be on my amp(line 6 spider valve 112)? I'm looking for a metallica, pantera type of sound. In other words whats the best way to use the pedal for a metal sound?

Thx
Quote by stringmelter
I bought my first distortion pedal today(the metal muff)and I was wondering what the eq setting should be on my amp(line 6 spider valve 112)? I'm looking for a metallica, pantera type of sound. In other words whats the best way to use the pedal for a metal sound?

Thx

for a thrash type sound
scoop the mids (or not), use your ear for this, boost treble, slightly boost bass, crank the gain 4 or 5 o clock.

for a doom type sound
boost mids, boost bass, scoop treble (or boost treble and use neck pickup), boost the gain probably like 2 or 3 o clock.

if your amp has an fx loop send/receive do not use it for a metal muff (or any distortion for that matter) or do, it's personal preference, but most people put pedals like wah, fuzz, overdrive and distortion in between the guitar signal and amp input.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Congrats on the pedal , I just checked it out and it looks cool. But I thought the Spider amps already came with some preloaded metal sounds? Did you try dialing them in? I ask because maybe that $$ could have been used on something else.