I picked up an ESP Eclipse here a few weeks ago, and I love the guitar minus the fact that it falls HORRIFICALLY out of tune one song in or less. I have 2 guitars half the cost and stay in tune much better then this guitar. I had it set up by a pro with new strings, and for the love of god can't figure out why it wont stay in tune. I'm using 54-11 for drop C so I don't think its the strings. Maybe it's the gotoh magnum locking tuners?
If I can't get this resolved I'll have to return it. Which bums me out cause it plays amazingly and they don't make this volcano finish any more.

Any one have the same problem with this guitar or tuners?
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
It's possible that your tech didn't stretch the strings in properly. Pull on the strings a few times (from the middle and not too hard), retune and repeat. After a few times the tuning should stabilise.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I have an Eclipse II and it stays perfectly in tune. Did your tech tighten down the tuner locks correctly? They're kind of confusing if you've never worked with them...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I had this problem with my old Eclipse (was the EC1000 though) could never seem to get the g string to settle in tune properly - and mostly played it in drop c. Was a lovely guitar, but sold it in the end as this problem annoyed me alot and made me fall out of love with it.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
I had this problem with my old Eclipse (was the EC1000 though) could never seem to get the g string to settle in tune properly - and mostly played it in drop c. Was a lovely guitar, but sold it in the end as this problem annoyed me alot and made me fall out of love with it.

The EC1000 doesn't have the same tuners, though.

My Eclipse II never goes out of tune with the Gotoh Magnum Locks it comes with. Admittedly, I wish they used Sperzels on it, though... the Magnum Locks are kind of a hassle to use, in comparison, but a flathead screwdriver and a few seconds of your time should lock those suckers in place quite nicely Perhaps your tech didn't even realize they were locking tuners? If he was putting the same gauge string in them, it's likely he didn't even notice they lock... They look the same as regular tuners, but unless you make sure to tighten down the locks with a flathead, they won't hold tune very well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I was thinking it was the tuners maybe. I don't get these things... Im used to spertzels. These are just weird. It really seems like the tuners are holding it at all. How do I try to fix this?
GEAR
Quote by Jaredmkl
I'm using 54-11 for drop C so I don't think its the strings.

Are the nut slots wide enough for those strings? It could be that the strings are binding in the nut when you tune and popping loose as you play.

Quote by Jaredmkl
Maybe it's the gotoh magnum locking tuners?

Probably not. One bad Gotoh tuner is a possibility, but an entire set of bad Gotoh tuners seems about as likely to happen as winning multiple lottery jackpots in the same day.
Strings seem to be sitting in the nut fine. The problem is mostly in strings 4-1 (CFAD). Grrrr frustrating..
GEAR
Loosen the strings a little bit and then take a flathead screwdriver and turn the top of the tuner the opposite direction that it turns to tighten the string, until it's tight. That will lock the string in the tuner and keep it from fluctuating out of tune.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Loosen the strings a little bit and then take a flathead screwdriver and turn the top of the tuner the opposite direction that it turns to tighten the string, until it's tight. That will lock the string in the tuner and keep it from fluctuating out of tune.

Worked like a charm! Thanks man!!

Still not a huge fan of these tuners, but much improvement from before
GEAR
Quote by Jaredmkl
Worked like a charm! Thanks man!!

Still not a huge fan of these tuners, but much improvement from before

Sure thing! I have a feeling most techs haven't worked with anything like them before, as they're a pretty weird design. Definitely not as convenient as Sperzels, but they work just as good, once you figure em out
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com