ENTER THE MACHINE

Accompanying Narration:
The sands of time flow endlessly. So much pain and war and agony across the centuries
instills in one the question "why?" What master's will gives speed to the temporal
warbringers that make up the currents of time, galloping as with the whip behind them?
What if man could tame it? The intentions behind such a notion are ugly and their methods
even uglier. Engineering marvel, scientific monstrosity. When the Time Traveler first lay
eyes on the machine he saw it as the ultimate dream. An opportunity to experience and
discover what no one had before...

Behold a man who has traveled the crashing tides, the interwoven streams of time -
the unseen force of the universe by which empires rise and fall; bringer of death,
bearer of new life. He has heard the beating of tribal drums, prayed to the
Christian cross, wrought desolation upon the enemies of the pagan hero, crawled
through the blood of his brothers in the trenches of war. And yet... There must
be more. Here he stands, gazing at the golden horizon as the sun sets
contemplating the grand vastness of it all. The iron hands of time wrench and moan
and all the ages of the earth cannot even represent the smallest fraction of their
rotation. He turns and lays his eyes once again on his machine and it calls out to him.
"Sail on!" it cries, "to the dawn of creation, to the edge of space!" For man is an infinitely
curious species and the Time Traveler is no exception to the rule. He cannot help but
succumb to his human nature.

The future of the universe is an unexpected one. While the prophets of the middle ages,
inundated with their pessimism and fatalism preached the world's end, lonely souls of
the future celebrate life and the "fertility." However, there is not
much life. For the prophets of the middle ages were correct, and these denizens celebrate,
in vein, for a rebirth that will not come. There is a power that reigns over these silent
galaxies. It is oppressive. It sets the very fabric of space against itself and
stunts its growth. Is this the end? Is this all there is? Mankind's quest for meaning ends
with an empty closed universe and the distant naive cries of space heretics?
There must be more... And yet, there isn't. This cursed machine had driven him to see things
which no man should be allowed to witness. Childe Roland the dark tower called and to the
tower he came. But he now longed for home, for he would cherish the most mundane moments,
because every moment is a drop from the sea of time and with it comes the essence of past
and future and from the furthest reaches of the universe. As he motioned to activate the machine,
it hissed and whirred and with a grinding of its gears it choked and powered down.
He attempted once more but to no avail. It had no power as of late. He had come too far...
And now stands with only the celestial tapestry to comfort him

Climb
Climb
Climb to the top of the world
And as you stand tall you will see
That when you fall
You will fall from a height most men will never reach

January 13: severed-metal
January 20: Kepulix
January 27: BL1NDSIDE-J
February 3: Emenius Sleepus
February 10: Annihislater
February 17: Metal_Head1
February 24: Helloween4Ever
March 3: \Powerslave/
March 10: Kytokinesis
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Jan 7, 2014,
Well, I can't fault you on lack of ambition, but I do feel like I need to take a shower after all that cheese. That's one long playlist anyhow and I like the concept. With such amount of variation these things can lose direction, but this one held it together relatively well with all the instrumentals and whatnot, rather than mixing up numerous different narratives by different bands. I didn't get quite as immersed in the whole thing as I had hoped after that write-up.

I must also point out that you had all this gayness and sci-fi stuff yet no Iron Savior or Star One on the mix?
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I can't please everybody's gay urges. And 8tracks really ****s up the transitions.

Thanks for listening to the whole thing by the way. I realize it's a long mix and may be tough to get through.

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Jan 7, 2014,
**** I have no idea what I am going to do for my playlist coming up pretty soon. If I cannot come up with any ideas worth sharing I may have you remove me.
hahah I'm just halfway through... damn, a monolith of a mix to listen to! Some of the stuff (like Hans Zimmer) is a really nice touch to add to the atmosphere and to bridge the narrative transitions. Admittedly a good portion of this I wouldn't ever listen to in my own time (Avantasia, for instance) - but here I think it definitely suited the theme and feel overall. Guess will have to see how the rest of it holds up in maintaining the mood and story...

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
hahah I'm just halfway through... damn, a monolith of a mix to listen to! Some of the stuff (like Hans Zimmer) is a really nice touch to add to the atmosphere and to bridge the narrative transitions. Admittedly a good portion of this I wouldn't ever listen to in my own time (Avantasia, for instance) - but here I think it definitely suited the theme and feel overall. Guess will have to see how the rest of it holds up in maintaining the mood and story...

It does take some time to listen to. I wanted this to feel like a movie. A lot of it, like Avantasia, as you mentioned, I know most people here wouldn't listen to on their own - out of disinterest. Though I have learned quite a bit about metal, etc. since signing up here, I still don't have a whole lot in my music library that everyone hasn't heard of already. But what I can do is present them in interesting ways that may not have occurred to you before.

for listening.

I'd say you've achieved that, for sure! I've enjoyed listening to this because I could see how it explored the theme you set, and I can definitely see the "cinematic" feel, or a "movie" experience in the structure of how it was put together, - so as I mentioned, even the tracks that I wouldn't normally go out and hear on my own, worked nicely in this instance. Nice work

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM