So I found a ltd kh-503 online for 300 and also found a ltd kh-603 and wanted to know the difference between both guitars, i noticed the inlays were different but i was hoping to know the technical details. I also foung a kh-502 for 400 and was wondering which would be a better bang for my bang? Any thoughts?

description for kh-503

Neck Thru Body Construction
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Inlays: Spiders at 12th fret with name at 24th fret
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
ESP Tuners
Floy Rose Designed Bridge
EMG HZ H-1 set p.u.
Finish: Black

description for kh-502

Neck Thru Body Construction
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Inlays: Skull and bones with name at 24th
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
ESP Tuners
Floy Rose Designed Bridge (tremolo bar is missing!)
EMG HZ H-4 set p.u.
Finish: Black
Last edited by espkh-2 at Jan 7, 2014,
The two you listed the details for are basically the same, at that point it is what body style you like best. There shouldn't be a large variation as far as I can tell. The KH-603 will be better than the 503, however, since with LTD the higher the number usually denotes that is a higher end model. For example, an LTD EC-1000 will be exponentially better than a LTD EC-10.
From what I can tell

The 603 has a higher output pickup set, but the 503 seems to have the more authentic spider look to it
Same guitar just different pups. As far as the numbering on ESPs the higher number doesn't always equal higher quality. There are years when they'll change the number plus or minus 100 but it's essentially the same guitar with a change in electronics usually or sometimes no change at all. The 502 is the M style body and the others are the single cut. The 502 was upgraded by esp and is now the 602. It's up to you what you prefer single cut or super strat.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25