I am getting my first looping pedal and can't see much difference between the two except for the price (and the extra foot switch). Are the any major pro's or cons?

Any help will be appreciated
Cheers
Yes, the rc3 or any single switch looper can be frustrating to use but especially the rc3. That single footswitch has to record, start, stop and erase. Very annoying if you ask me. Two footswitches make a looper much easier and quicker to use. More time playing, less time tap dancing and yelling at your pedal.

The only reason to get a single switch looper is if you can't afford a 2 switch looper but you really, really want a looper.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I love my RC-300 to bits. Looping is addictive and if you really get into it you might want to upgrade at a later stage.

Having said that, the RC-30 is a very good tool to start with.
Have you looked at the manual for each? If you only looked at the basic specs on MF or something they might look the same, but the operation for each is fairly different.

As mentioned before, the RC-3 is very unpleasant to work with. The RC30 has a lot more functions available quickly, and two footswitches is basically mandatory for a competent looper. If you were on a strict budget you could get the RC-3 with an external footswitch which would get it over that most basic flaw. It's still pretty cramped for features though and I'd strongly suggest a full sized unit. The Digitech JamMan is supposed to be quite good as well, and is less than the RC30. All of these units are significantly cheaper used.
Have you looked at the Ditto Looper? It only has one button but I find it very easy to use. Plus, it doesn't effect your dry sound and is true bypass when off.
Quote by lucky1978
Yes, the rc3 or any single switch looper can be frustrating to use but especially the rc3. That single footswitch has to record, start, stop and erase. Very annoying if you ask me. Two footswitches make a looper much easier and quicker to use. More time playing, less time tap dancing and yelling at your pedal.

The only reason to get a single switch looper is if you can't afford a 2 switch looper but you really, really want a looper.

I respond with this.

Quote by 757ian123
Have you looked at the Ditto Looper? It only has one button but I find it very easy to use. Plus, it doesn't effect your dry sound and is true bypass when off.

+1. I just got a ditto looper. The single button operation is actually pretty intuitive, and I've had a lot of fun with mine, however, I've only owned it for a very short period. I used to have an RC-2, and I'm far happier with my ditto looper than that.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
The only thing I wish the Ditto had was an auto-start, instead of having to push the button at the exact moment you start playing. I've gotten the hang of it now, but it'd still be a nice feature to have.