-3h7p3p0-

Do I puck the 3rd string and then hammer on the 7th? Cause my fingers won't stretch from the 3rd to the 7th fret. How is this played?
It's a hammer on. With a little practice your fingers should stretch that long, even if you got small hands/fingers. Or you can tap it with your picking hand.
It takes practice. Your fingers will stretch that far.
Is that 2004 in your username your birth date? If so, being 10 years old might have something to do with not quite reaching it yet. You'll get there.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
It takes practice. Your fingers will stretch that far.
Is that 2004 in your username your birth date? If so, being 10 years old might have something to do with not quite reaching it yet. You'll get there.

No. That was when I made the account.
Quote by jamesiles2004
No. That was when I made the account.

2004 is when you made the account? Your join date is last month. What?

EDIT: Either way, as said, it will come with practice. Have you had any chords that were initially really hard to reach at first that come easy to you now? With time, from 3 to 7 won't be a hard stretch at all.
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at Jan 7, 2014,
Quote by jamesiles2004
So, what should I do?

Cut one of your fingers off of your picking hand and glue it on your fretting hand.

Make sure you use a middle or index finger because they are longer.

That should solve your problems.

I'm glad I could help.

Next question.
I heard Chinese gymnasts had their legs broken and reset to give more suppleness, perhaps try that with your fingers, young bones repair quickly.
If you can't make the 3-7 with your pinky you should practice this because it's really useful, not just for lead but for a ton of triads/chords. There are stretching exercises for getting more flexible, there should be plenty of resources over at the Guitar Techniques forum.

As tabbed this should be played 3 hammeron to 7-pulloff to 3 pulloff to 0 but if you have to, unless you're on the low E string, you can play the notes in other ways. But try to get more flexible. I have about average male fingers and can reach 3-9 before it starts hurting.
Quote by jamesiles2004
My fingers are too short to stretch that far.

As I said, even if you have short fingers you can stretch that far. I have short fingers and I can stretch a bit longer than that, it's just takes a little practice and getting used to.