Hi, with string bending do you use your fingers or wrist to do the technique?

Does it make any difference?

Thanks.
Hmmm... Interesting question. I think for quick bends you can use your fingers but for bigger more emphatic sustaining bends you'd need to add more strength which is where the wrist would come into play.

On a side note. Does that 2004 mean your 10 years old or 10 years out of HS?

JA
Quote by Jargapix
Hmmm... Interesting question. I think for quick bends you can use your fingers but for bigger more emphatic sustaining bends you'd need to add more strength which is where the wrist would come into play.

On a side note. Does that 2004 mean your 10 years old or 10 years out of HS?

That was the year I made the account. How can I get it changed?
On YouTube most people you have to use the wrist. Thanks for the clarification.

I find it easier not using the wrist.
I usually use fingers, but that's only viable if your wrist is already well-positioned. For bends with big vibrato I usually use more wrist.
I still have a feeling he's around 12 years old judging from his post history and generally being oblivious to everything
Quote by jamesiles2004
That was the year I made the account. How can I get it changed?

No it isn't. How old are you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
" jamesiles2004

Oh well.

It's not strange that you find the fingers to be easier. I recommend learning it from the wrist though. It's awkward at first, but soon it'll feel like 2nd nature.
baab
I need help one of my string cuten from headstock and I could join them but will it make any problem in sound
Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help

I need help one of my string cuten from headstock and I could join them but will it make any problem in sound
Quote by mir shaeek

don't hijack another user's thread
don't double post
don't post questions about guitar maintenance in the technique forum
don't make silly posts with the word help in them a crapload of times.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Finger bends sound weak like you don't know what you are doing. If you want to sound like you know what you're doing, use the wrist like an adult.
Quote by Poaa
Sometimes i bend with floyd rose, works good too

Gives a completely different sound, but oh well. I won't deny that it can be useful.
baab