Page 1 of 2
Which do you prefer?

To pay with cash or with a card?

my visa is debit so I pay from my money from either my wallet or my bank account balance. The bank doesn't charge any rates if I pay it at a store/restaurant as opposed to withdrawls from atms. So it's the same in one way or another.

Which do you prefer for what cases?
Cash because the transaction is over then and there. And I never have to worry about spending money I don't have.
I love the simplicity of pay pass but I've been banging my head on the wall since I got my bill a few months ago and have been fighting to pay it all off

Cash is nice but I rarely go out of my way to take money out of a machine
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Cash is faster at the till so I prefer it for that reason. I use debit nearly 100% of the time though because it's easier to keep track of purchases, and I don't pay fees on my account.
I once paid groceries with my v card
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Card for most. Cash is better for controlling spending for me though as I'm limited in buying random food. Bit better for my diet too, as I won't bother getting cash out the machine to just buy junk food, and on the main grocery shop I only really by healthy food. Contactless payments is changing that though.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I use a gun.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
I keep $40 in cash on me at all times and try not to use my card. I'm better about budgeting when I can see the money disappearing. For online stuff I watch my balances like a hawk.
I'll usually try to pay with cash at smaller establishments so they don't have to pay the transaction fees. Cash is great for small purchases and I'm always sure to make restaurant tips in cash.

For bigger purchases, I reach for my credit card. I get an extended warranty on products, it's easier to track, and I earn cash back. I never carry a balance and I'm disciplined in my spending, so overspending isn't an issue. Additionally, greater protections are in place for credit cards, so I feel much safer using credit over debit online. If my number is compromised, I don't have to worry about not being able to pay any bills, as my bank account wouldn't feel any pain while things are being sorted out.
Cash. I pay everyone with $100 bills
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jan 7, 2014,
Debit Card or Cash depending on what I have no me, never Credit Card. It's quite easy to get into the habit of spending money on lines of credit that you really shouldn't be and it can add up really quickly. If you were to owe $5000 on most average credit cards the monthly interest payments would be $900 alone, that is assuming 18% interest, some credit card companies are a lot more then that. My ex got herself caught up in a world of debit and had to declare bankruptcy at 25. I don't know about globally but here in Canada if you declare bankruptcy you can't get any sort of credit, loans, mortgage or anything for 7 years. I don't even have a Visa, my only credit card is a FutureShop card that I got so I could get 0% 36 month financing on my TV!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
card because i'm too lazy to go to an atm and actually get cash.. i also tend to spend more money if i have cash :|
Cash for everything, I only use my bank card if for some reason I don't have cash. Never a credit card cause I don't trust myself with one.
I keep a handful of cash on me at all times. It's easier not to spend money you don't have if all you use is cash.

That said, for purchases over €100 I do use my bank card, because I don't feel comfortable carrying an amount that large on me, much less dropping it on the counter. Call me paranoid, but I've been pickpocketed with that amount on me before. Never again.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
always card. i'm kind of a germaphobe so i prefer not to touch money. i'm very niggardly anyway so i generally don't worry about overspending.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
i'm not so organised that i consciously depict what mode of spending i prefer. when i get a big cash income i usually go and get cash out. when i don't have much money in my account, say around £2, and i need something for £1.50, i obviously use my card. similarly, when i have £20 in my account i get it all out so as to not accidentally spend more than i have through my card. i don't really prefer one or the other.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I try to use my debit card. I keep cash on hand just in case I'm somewhere that looks too sketchy for any kind of card.
I use a debit card most of the time. Someone was buying shit online with my card though so I've been using cash for the past week while I wait for the replacement to come in.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by captainsnazz
I prefer coin type cash to anything

fuck paper money

I give all my change to my girlfriend. She's a waitress and needs the extra change all the time for when she has to give customers change.

That and I really can't stand carrying change.
Quote by caeser1156
I give all my change to my girlfriend. She's a waitress and needs the extra change all the time for when she has to give customers change.

That and I really can't stand carrying change.

Shouldn't that be coming out of the register?
Quote by Thrill-house

seriously, give that to some entertaining bum instead
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Thrill-house

It's a really confusing process. She has to go in with $50 on her every night for change. But she keeps the extra money at the end of the night. So the change physically comes out of her pocket but she doesn't actually lose any money.
Quote by caeser1156
It's a really confusing process. She has to go in with $50 on her every night for change. But she keeps the extra money at the end of the night. So the change physically comes out of her pocket but she doesn't actually lose any money.

Ah ok, I used to work at a place that did that. Best/worst job I ever had.
Card. All I have to carry is drivers license and a bank card. Makes for a very slim, small wallet. The bank account I have has no fees for electronic transactions, (except withdrawals from another bank's ATM).

I pretty much only get cash if I'm buying drugs or paying for my daughter's riding lessons but I could probably set up an AP for that, hmmm....
Si
I prefer cash, but I've got nothing against paying with my debit card if I don't have any cash on me. However, after spending two weeks in Germany last summer, I quickly got into the habit of always having enough cash on me.

I've recently acquired a credit card, but I won't use it for anything else than airline tickets and more expensive online purchases.

EDIT: I can't stand change either. Last year I ended up with a plastic bag of about £15 in 1p, 2p, 5p and 10p coins, which I had to throw away because my bank used an archaic system and I had no idea about what I should do with it... also, I was going home the next day. Luckily I do nearly all my grocery shopping online this year...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jan 7, 2014,
Quote by 20Tigers
I pretty much only get cash if I'm buying drugs or paying for my daughter's riding lessons but I could probably set up an AP for that, hmmm....

I was gonna pay my child's riding lessons

but then I got high
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Cash.

It just doesn't feel like I spent money when I swipe a card, and that's dangerous.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I only pay with card when I run out of cash. It's faster and somewhere you can't pay with card, so it's more universal.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
I actually spend money faster if I use cash instead of a card.

Food and shared expenses and doctor = cash (small expenses basically)
Transport, clothes, nearly everything else = debit
Dentist, unavoidable purchases over $80 = credit

and of course certain retail/f&b outlets have special promotions for certain types of cards so I use the most appropriate one.
cat
Cash in pubs. Debit card everywhere else. Buying a pint with a card makes you a **** unless it is absolutely unavoidable
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Card. I am obsessive over monitoring my spending and it just makes it easier to balance and keep track of my transactions with a card.

Carrying around a bunch of receipts is just inefficient shit. Ill take a bank statement any day. Plus, you lose so much money over time using cash, what with throwing away or losing track of change and everything.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I keep about 40% of my paycheck as cash, the rest I save or spend online. I like cash because I can count it in my hand, I keep track of debit, but I only have a rough estimate.

My paypal debit I'd have to wait 4 days for it to process into my bank account if I want it in my hand, so if I spend paypal money, I use that debit card every time.

Also one time an Olive Garden didn't accept my debit card, they were cash only, so they got all the change I had in the car and about 5 ones.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 7, 2014,
Quote by the bartender
I was gonna pay my child's riding lessons

but then I got high

I can assure you it's not nearly as bad as it sounds. I spend maybe $50 every three or four months on weed. I drink even less. And only when my kids are at their mother's.
Si
I get paid through checks, so I usually pay with my debit card. But it's down to convenience. If I have cash, I spend it. If I don't, it's the card. Really doesn't matter to me.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I prefer cash transactions, but the sheer amount of times I've lost my wallet mean that carrying paper and metal around is a liability.
Page 1 of 2