Hey guys,

My 6505+ has recently had a problem where the volume on the lead channel sometimes fluctuates when I have the post gain (volume) knob set at around 1.5 (the ideal volume for home playing -- not too loud, but loud enough that it opens up). It does not seem to have this problem when I either turn it down to 1 or up to 2 and beyond, so I was thinking that maybe I should just pull the knob off and squirt some contact cleaner into the pot. Does that sound like a solution?

Because the other thing I'm afraid of is that maybe my power tubes are going out. I've had them for about two years now and play at least 5 days a week for 1/2 hr.+; sometimes at concert volumes.

The other day I thought my amp was sounding a bit quiet for where I had the volume set, but then later it sounded normal again (this could have just been my imagination or the fact that I've been struggling with head-colds for the last few months. Sometimes I can pop my ears and everything sounds different afterward.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
D^^Lol. Is that for sure? Damn, I don't have $40 to drop right now...

I could put my extremely crappy Ruby tubes back in, I guess. Nah.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
If you can jack your FX send into something that amplify it then you could see if the volume drops are coming from the preamp section. Likewise if you could jack a buffered pedal or multifx into the FX return you could see if it's in the power amp section.