Hi!
I read that Marshall 2x12 cabs can be made of plywood or MDF.
For sure Marshall cabinets from the 80s are plywood (JCM800 LEAD) and from '90 and 91' too (JCM900 LEAD). Then were changed to MDF. What about current Marshall 1936?Are of plywood or MDF?Are they good like the 80s ones?
Thanks.
Digitech Artist 2120 (1998)
Good question because I have been looking at one myself. I thought they are plywood with MDF baffle and/or backpanel. But thats just the impression/assumption I have and I'd like to know for sure.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
If you don't find an answer here try this site:

http://www.marshallforum.com/search.php?searchid=2081618

These are some search results on '1936 and MDF' or something like that.

If you have one, can you not inspect for yourself? Take the back off or take one of the handles out and peal back the tolex. Plywood vs particle board should be fairly easy to determine by looking at the edge of the wood.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 7, 2014,
i heard that recently they were back to ply again, but that's just what i heard online. (maybe still with mdf backpanel and/or baffles, though, as MaaZeus suggests)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
1936 have always been ply, but they did use a MDF back panel for several years and they are now using all ply again. They haven ever been made of solid MDF ever
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate