i was looking at gibson's 2014 range and liked the special and the sgj but i cant see any differance other than pickups and paint so is the special worth the extra money and is there a quality difference between the two
Why not just get a used Traditional or something?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Why not just get a used Traditional or something?

not many guiyars for sale in my area and cant buy online
The SGJ I played at Sam Ash was very nice, the finish is bland but everything else about the instrument was awesome. I guess the neck was a bit thick, but it didn't bother me. The pickups were nice and everything worked perfectly. Seems to be worth $500 in my eyes.

But then again, every instrument is different, play everything in your price range and pick the one you like the most. I never thought I'd get a PRS guitar, but the fact that it was a very good price and it played beautifully sold me. Don't not try a guitar out just because of the looks, you never know how much you will love it after you get your hands on it.
Last edited by JGM258 at Jan 7, 2014,
Quote by JGM258
The SGJ I played at Sam Ash was very nice, the finish is bland but everything else about the instrument was awesome. I guess the neck was a bit thick, but it didn't bother me. The pickups were nice and everything worked perfectly. Seems to be worth $500 in my eyes.

But then again, every instrument is different, play everything in your price range and pick the one you like the most. I never thought I'd get a PRS guitar, but the fact that it was a very good price and it played beautifully sold me. Don't not try a guitar out just because of the looks, you never know how much you will love it after you get your hands on it.

i will probibaly do that sometime soon