Hey guys! I have a Fender Super Sonic 60. I love the amp, but I've been having problems lately. The sound just dies, it becomes quiet for a while, and then it starts again. The amp is still on when this happends, and theres no problem with my telecable. Anyone knows what this is about? Would be really glad if someone could help me or had the same problems.

Thanks!
Could be caps, solder joints, etc. Are you planning to open it up and start debugging it?

When it "dies", does it complete stop sending through the audio signal? Or does it just get muted? Are the knobs responsive while it's "dead"?? (ie, do they cause anything to happen or do any knobs cause an increase or decrease in the hum or noise at the output?). Little things like that might help pinout what's going on.

Also, just to be 100% sure, have you run a different guitar and cable into it (worth checking before disassembling stuff).
Quote by timbo63
Could be caps, solder joints, etc. Are you planning to open it up and start debugging it?

When it "dies", does it complete stop sending through the audio signal? Or does it just get muted? Are the knobs responsive while it's "dead"?? (ie, do they cause anything to happen or do any knobs cause an increase or decrease in the hum or noise at the output?). Little things like that might help pinout what's going on.

Also, just to be 100% sure, have you run a different guitar and cable into it (worth checking before disassembling stuff).

Thanks for your answer! I'm not really planning to do that, simply because I don't know how anything works. No, it doens't make any signal at all.
And yeah, Tried with different guitars and cables.
I'm probably going to get it fixed somewhere, just wanted to know if there was a simple thing that I could fix on my own. But thanks for your help!
Intermittent faults are hard to diagnose at the best of times but remotely over the internet with that little information, near impossible.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Intermittent faults are hard to diagnose at the best of times but remotely over the internet with that little information, near impossible.

Yeah that's true. Just thought I would give it a shot, if there was someone with the same amplifier that had the problem. But thanks anyway!