Hello pit! I was wondering if any of you know of an alarm application for android(preferably) or iOS that is desinged to keep you awake until you fully wake up?

An example is an app that you have to solve a puzzle to get it to turn off, and by the time you finish it all the grogginess will have been lifted.

Cheers!
When I was in high school I used to set my alarm across the room so I actually had to get up and and shut it off. It helped.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Get this instead m8

Just look how much half awake fun she is having - that could be you.
Alarm Clock Extreme, it's what I use.

Basically it doesn't allow you to dismiss the alarm until you complete some objective you've set for yourself.

I have mine set to make me solve math problems
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I think your just lazy, but dont worry it happens.
Whats goes around must come down
Just move your phone to the other side of the room.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by JustRooster
When I was in high school I used to set my alarm across the room so I actually had to get up and and shut it off. It helped.

I used to do this in high school. never worked for me, I'd get up, walk across the room, turn it off and go right back to bed.

Quote by stratman_13
Alarm Clock Extreme, it's what I use.

Basically it doesn't allow you to dismiss the alarm until you complete some objective you've set for yourself.

I have mine set to make me solve math problems

just downloaded this, thanks for the advice.
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jan 7, 2014,
Quote by deadsmileyface
I used to do this in high school. never worked for me, I'd get up, walk across the room, turn it off and go right back to bed.

just downloaded this, thanks for the advice.

This. I still do it along with leaving the blinds slightly open. Still fails sometimes. I turn the alarm off because I'm still not at full mental capacity and don't even remember having ever woken up later.
So I downloaded the app as well.
Quote by JustRooster

I have 3 alarms in different corners of my quite large room and I still manage to turn them off and get back to sleep almost every day.
yeah, i also do that leaving the blinds open thing. Problem is im an insomniac, so i'm ****ing groggy and tired as hell in the morning. its super easy for me to fall back asleep even hours after waking up, and I have before.
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface;

Same here, thats why I'm asking

Quote by 5_Years_Dead;

Just get your lazy ass out of bed and start doing what you have to do.

Quote by ichiefG13;

I think your just lazy, but dont worry it happens.

Yeah I know Im being lazy, but Im studying for a Calculus final and its making me loose a lot of sleep hence the laziness

P.S. The Helicopter thing looks awesome but I dont think they sell that where I live, and I checked out alarm clock extreme but some of the reviews are talking about missed alarms but ill try it out.
Have a line of coke prepared on your phone when it turns on, the only way you will be able to turn the alarm off is if you get amped!
Quote by ichiefG13
Have a line of coke prepared on your phone when it turns on, the only way you will be able to turn the alarm off is if you get amped!

this is actually the correct answer. It's much more effective than coffee.
banned
Actually, now that I remember, a few weeks ago I couldn't use my phone for some reason and I found an online alarm clock and set it on my laptop but I didn't know what volume would be appropriate so I just put the laptop on max volume just in case. I tell you, I never woke up so effectively.
Quote by ichiefG13

Unfortunately my parents hog all the coke to wake up, they say coffee doesnt work for them anymore but I suspect they might actually be using it recreationally. Who knew! Coke used for something other than waking up! Never thought of that before! I really should try it sometime.
Quote by Infinitychord95
Unfortunately my parents hog all the coke to wake up, they say coffee doesnt work for them anymore but I suspect they might actually be using it recreationally. Who knew! Coke used for something other than waking up! Never thought of that before! I really should try it sometime.

Get some bath salts m8
i used to do stuff like playing video games before bedtime. now i sleep earlier and play in the morning, so there's more reason for me to get out of bed in time.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I have an app that measures your sleep quality. You can also set the alarm, and in the 30 minutes before the alarm is set for, it will start the alarm when you're closest to being awake. Works pretty well actually. Takes a week of using it before it works properly.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have an app that measures your sleep quality. You can also set the alarm, and in the 30 minutes before the alarm is set for, it will start the alarm when you're closest to being awake. Works pretty well actually. Takes a week of using it before it works properly.

I just wanted to post about this :< I've yet to figure out whether I do wake up feeling better than usually though.
Sleep as Android, regarding what you asked of, there are several things you can choose from. Either math, shaking the phone, or you can set it so you have to scan a barcode which you preferably put further away than your wall beside the bed.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Go to bed earlier?
Before I started work, between the awkward transition of leaving full time education and finding a place that with low expectations and standards that would hire me, I dropped into pretty shitty sleep patterns.
I was pretty awful for sleep anyway. I would sleep forever and it was horrible trying to find something to wake me up. This period of doing nothing though I just sat around playing video games and guitar late into the night and doing little else (I wore headphones for the guitar, I'm not a dick to neighbors).
Starting that job, after about 3 weeks of forcing myself to put down the control pad and go to bed early it was noticeably easier to get up early/on time. I even had time for a fap before work

I don't know how studying is a good excuse either, start studying earlier. Life can't be that hectic that you can only study at stupid o'clock at night.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by JustRooster

I still do this.
Another vote for Sleep As Android here, it's good and does what I need it to
Hey, look. Sigs are back.