Page 1 of 3
Wolfmother, The Vines, Sick Puppies, JET, Silverchair, AC/DC, Men at Work... I can't think of anymore. And the worst thing is, half of those bands are not relevant anymore in the international scene (AC/DC are iconic however, as are Men at Work and Crowded House). It seems like Australia is lacking. Canada, for example, has a similar population and geography. Canada's got Billy Talent, Three Days Grace, Rush, Sum41, Barenaked Ladies, and...Nickelack. I think it's safe to say Canadian bands have the upper hand over Australia. So, Australians...where are your rock bands? Flight of the Conchords was your most recent hurrah. Forgive me, my enter bar does not work.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Wolfmother, The Vines, Sick Puppies, JET, Silverchair, AC/DC, Men at Work... I can't think of anymore. And the worst thing is, half of those bands are not relevant anymore in the international scene (AC/DC are iconic however, as are Men at Work and Crowded House). It seems like Australia is lacking. Canada, for example, has a similar population and geography. Canada's got Billy Talent, Three Days Grace, Rush, Sum41, Barenaked Ladies, and...Nickelack. I think it's safe to say Canadian bands have the upper hand over Australia. So, Australians...where are your rock bands? Flight of the Conchords was your most recent hurrah. Forgive me, my enter bar does not work.

Rush are the only good one mentioned, Flight of the Conchords are from New Zealand.
Quote by angusfan16
Karnivool fool

Second
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
The best rock band from Australia right now is Lame Impala and even then they aren't that good
There's quite a good metal scene in Australia, maybe they scared the indie kids off
Quote by darkcheef
The best rock band from Australia right now is Lame Impala and even then they aren't that good

Eat a dick, they are incredible
Quote by Rockford_rocks

No thanks I'm not a Lame Impala fan lol
Listening to Karnivool right this moment, I don't see your point.
Also, Dead Letter Circus, The Butterfly Effect and Sleepmakeswaves.
Probably a lot I haven't yet discovered that is also good.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

solid argument there
Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus, Birds of Tokyo (pop rock), Butterfly Effect (though I think they broke up), Cog (again, think they broke up recently)

off the top of my head and all of those are better than the Canadian bands you mentioned anyway
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Oh, Closure in Moscow are pretty rad, I'll give you that, a it surprised they're not more mainstream.
Quote by Basti95
solid argument there

Well it wasn't really an argument.

Oh and he's right, the guy can kindly eat a gentleman sausage.
australia and canada doesn't even have a remotely similar population and geography lol

tame impala is also terrible
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 7, 2014,
Karnivool's Sound Awake alone makes Australia's musical output better than 95% of other countries.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Malchius
Also Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

This one.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by angusfan16
Karnivool fool

I came here to post exactly this.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Karnivool's Sound Awake alone makes Australia's musical output better than 95% of other countries.

Karnivools 3 albums are better than 99% of the world output
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Portal, Thy Art Is Murder, and Entrails Eradicated are pretty good.

I would say Australia has a pretty big music scene, loads of good bands from there, They also have alot of Deathcore bands, which most of them dislike it seems, allthough Thy Art Is Murder IMO is tolerable.
Last edited by Marcus 90 at Jan 7, 2014,
What about Scotland? Where are all the Scottish bands?

Do you really want England to beat you again?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Marcus 90
Portal, Thy Art Is Murder, and Entrails Eradicated are pretty good.

I would say Australia has a pretty big music scene, loads of good bands from there, They also have alot of Deathcore bands, which most of them dislike it seems, allthough Thy Art Is Murder IMO is tolerable.

Portal are Australian? The really creepy awesome Portal? Cool.

I'll add Psycroptic and Ouroboros to that list
Crowded House are more a kiwi band than Australia. ACDC are really Brittish aren't they? Some great bands in oz and NZ just like there are great bands and music in just about any country you go to that don't seem to aspire to be international acts. As an Australian though we tend to take the best from NZ and try to claim it as our own. Also Karnivool are awesome and Daniel Johns from Silverchair is a true musical genius.
There is also Airbourne that is from Australia. As for the canadian side of things, I like the sheepdogs (they are definitely worth checking out).
midnight juggernauts, battleships,

Originally Posted by anonymus
I voted "evolutionism", though. Cuz you know... it's sciencey.

Originally Posted by anonymus
We were all created by God...
As Monkeys...
Then evolved.
End Debate.