I have just purchased my first les paul, A Signature T Vintage Sunburst. The guitar sounds and plays awesome, however there are some imperfections on the finish.
Have you ever seen anything similar ? The top looks fantastic but I was really hesitant purchasing the guitar because of that imperfection under the body binding on the Cutaway.
Also there are some red stuff on the headstock veneer it doesn't seem to come off so its not leftover polish.
Also the truss rod cover seems to be slightly curved is that normal?

GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150
Gibson Les Paul Signature T VS

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Boss DD-3, NS-1, CS3, CH1, TU-3
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Last edited by Giorgosm10 at Jan 7, 2014,
403 - Forbidden.

If you're going to share things from dropbox you need to put them in your public folder.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
now links should work
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
HNGD! As far as the finish flaws I can't really say if that's going to affect the binding or not but maybe someone else might be able to answer it. Les Pauls rock!
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
Get some Zebra pickups and leave the pickguard off for maximum sexy! Nice wide angle you got there, too. Is the vignette from a really wide camera with soft corners or PP?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Its a 17-40mm lens but i have added the vignette from Lightroom. I am thinking about leaving the pickguard off but am not sure yet.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
I wouldn’t worry about the truss cover, plastic warps a little as a result of temperature changes.

But that blemish in the cutout is unacceptable in a guitar at the price. Send the close ups of the blemishes to the vendor. Demand that they either lower the price to the blemish price and send you the difference or replace the guitar. And send the pics to Gibson too, along with a photo of the inspection certificate. That guitar should not have left the factory.
it looks like the finish is actually worn through at the headstock veneer, then cleared over.

the binding bubbling crap looks horrid. is it finished over or are they open holes as they appear?

i'd just return it and find a different one myself. that's pretty sad.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
from what i have been told from a luthier, when they were cutting the glue seam for the binding they went slightly deeper or they didn't cut the binding to the correct size and then they tried to fill the gap with a wood filler and failed . Is not that noticeable when looking at it with a naked eye especially from a distance and there is no hole in there its just a very small indentation. So I have decided that I am not going to return it for 3 microscopic black dots. Because the guitar looks and sounds awesome. Also i have bought it from a shop so i don't think you can return it anyway unless you buy online. I have talked with the shop manager and pointed out the problem before buying and they offered me $120 off so I went for it.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Quote by Ippon
Agree with Greg.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
it looks like the finish is actually worn through at the headstock veneer, then cleared over.

the binding bubbling crap looks horrid. is it finished over or are they open holes as they appear?

i'd just return it and find a different one myself. that's pretty sad.

I believe the headstock veneer on these models is fibreboard. Not sure is it's black all the way through or just a finish but yes something not right there.

I guess in the end you have to decide as the owner OP where or not these blemishes are tolerable. For me it would depend solely on just how good the guitar itself plays & sounds. If you decide to keep it I would ask for a discount for the blems.
Moving on.....
I have now returned the guitar, not for the blemishes but because the truss rod was loose and the guitar had very little relief which means i could not add more relief to the neck and i wont be able to have any relief if I use 9's. I will get a replacement next week. Is the truss rod issue common for gibson LP's since it doesn't have double acting truss rod?
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Anyone had a similar experience with the LP truss rod?
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
when you say it was loose do you mean it just spun completely without tension?

i have not personally heard of that issue. i wouldn't expect a ton of relief, it's only going to go so far in terms of relief. if you barely had any at all and it was completely loose them maybe that's all that one guitar was going to have.

either way - good luck with the next one. are you getting the same vintage burst finish? i'm partial to the wine red ones myself.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Basically when i opened the trc for the first time i could turn the nut with my hands (anti-clockwise, i could only tighten the truss rod) and the guitar had around 0.005"(0.1mm) of relief with 10's on cold weather.
i've loosened it a bit more (i started seeing the thread of the rod) and let it sit near the window(lower temp) for the night and i couldn't get more relief.
I usually set my guitars with at least 0.010" of relief so i can set the action low without any buzzing .
Where i am from it tends to get really hot during summer which means the neck will get even worse so i have decide to return it.

Yeah i am going with the same finish I really like bursts on LP's . The wine red looks awesome too, if they didn't had any more bursts i was going get wine red. The translucent greys don't look bad either.

I think the Sig T's are a really good deal, same wood as the higher end LP's, same thickness (2"), 57 pups , 60's neck and binding. The only downside for me was the granadillo, but once i have bought the guitar and conditioned the fretboard it felt really smooth/fast maybe even better than some of my rosewood guitars.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator