I've only been playing for a few weeks but in time I'd like to build up a collection of music. I consider myself to be kind of geeky so having the option to put a tablet on a stand and have instant access to just about any song is appealing. The thing is, I don't have a tablet.

I'm also considering printing out my stuff and then organizing them in a 3 ring binder.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Maybe you could be interested in a laptop? It's what I do because I write music time to time and softwares like guitarpro are very useful as it's a good tool to play along too.
i'd recommend just printing things. its so much easier to jot down notes on your music that way.
I've used my iPad for about a year now as for having my sheet music stored, i have used it at a lot of gigs aswell, i really enjoy it and find it convenient.

You can easily make notes in it just as on paper, if you have a stylus pen. (Which i have attached to my iPad case)

If you just run the app for looking at your music it lasts forever aswell.

I have even gone so far as to get a bluetooth foot-pedal to be able to turn the page on it.

Overall i would say that if you are going to use it for other stuff aswell it's worth getting, it's more of a convenience then anything else, so getting it solely for sheet music might be a bad idea. I use mine for watching media, sheet music, learning songs by ear (i have a slow downer app on it) and taking notes in college during lectures.

That's my experience, hope that was helpful.
Best Regards
Sickz
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
I find aetablet screen very annoying in dim lighting. I much prefer reading from paper, with a lamp if needed.
Tablets are great unless you like to, and need to see, a lot of markings so if you don't plan on writing notes in your music then tablets are fantastic.
I had accumulated numerous songs scribbled on a gazillion pages stored in many notebooks. After getting an Android tablet, I found it beneficial to go modern and digitize all of the good stuff. (now my friends don't complain about my handwriting, I can share the songs ahead of time for anyone else showing up via email, etc). Make sure you figure out a digital format that works for you before doing a lot of typing if you go that route (I originally used Word, then switched to LibreOffice and dump out as PDF).

You can put a tablet on a music stand (or a special ipod mount if you like). Be sure to have it charged! (which isn't an issue with the notebooks).
Honestly, I prefer writing my stuff out by hand (I'm an old-fashioned sod), so I use a binder to store my musics.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
does anyone have experience of using UG with a tablet? I am looking for views on the basic practicalities such as Are there any problems with scrolling? What other formats are there other than UG? I have seen some talk of foot switches, how do they work etc. I there an idiots guide on the web?
I've used the Cicada as a bluetooth page flipper. I forgot to mention that. It works well. It takes some getting used to because of timing of how it responds. I hate trying to move a page while playing. The Cicada works with both PCs and tablets. I think you can set it so that it sends certain line or page commands. Also, if you hold the pedal down, it keeps sending the command, etc.