So as late Christmas gift I'm getting a Seymour Duncan Black Winter Trembucker. Now, my Eclipse I FR has active EMG's in it. So if I want to take both EMG's out and just have the bridge 'Winter in, I'd need to get new pots, rewire the entire thing and then put in a grounding wire, right? I'll probably have it done at a guitar store, but if it's simple enough to do on my own then...why not?

Cheers!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

ESP has 500k pots in the Eclipse from factory, right? If that's the case, such a high-output passive shouldn't make a difference, and you'd really only be changing them to try and achieve a certain tone. Going from 500k and Actives to 750k and Passives might help you retain that 'broad and open' sound if you really dig that, otherwise you might notice things being more voiced and focused in a specific part of the EQ. It's all preference.

As far as wiring goes, if your ESP is an Eclipse-I, that means it's still got the 4 pot wiring, Les Paul style, right? If so, you can drop out that neck pickup and not have to worry about changing anything. My only question is why you'd want to? The Charvel thing of having only one hot bridge pickup is pretty rad in most applications, but for a guitar as awesome as the Eclipse is I wouldn't want to take away that versatility. I also think having that active in the neck would still look really cool.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I'd keep the EMG in, just unwired. But don't EMGs require 25k pots? Thing is I've heard the Black Winter is very trebly.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Yeah, I looked up the wrong specs at work and overlooked it. You'll probably want to change those out.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
So like 500's then, right?
Quote by luxeion

I'm going from passive to active contacted SD and their guy said use 25k with the livewires since I do not have the 100k that they came with.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Last edited by Ikillintel at Feb 24, 2014,