Hi so I need a new bass amp and wondered people's thoughts on the fender rumble 75? Will it be able to manage small venues(150 capacity) with PA help? Also any other good amps? Don't have much money to spend on it though

Thanks
What's your budget? I've always found the rumble series to be rather underwhelming in tone If you are willing to go used, you can get much better bang for your buck
Just about anything will work if you mic it through a good P.A., but the Rumble series is, as Anarkee says, underwhelming. 75 watts is also going to come up short when amplifying bass frequencies. What other brands are available in your area? And are you willing to go used? You can do much better than a 75-watt practice amp; particularly if you want to gig with it.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Even buying brand new for the same price a peavey max 1x12" would do more in the long run. 75 watts could for work smaller gigs if a good foh system with sub bins are provided but most smaller gigs the PA system isn't as elaborate.

As above give a location, budget( would you be able to stretch a bit?), new and/or used and what for and we can probably give a handful of better suggestions.
Budget probably under£300 and there's only really fender, ashdown (mainly cabinets), laney in shops around me. I don't mind going second hand
Oh and I currently have a 40 watt amp by an unknown brand called soundking. It was my first amp and it about time I upgraded.
thanks spanner but the problem is i have no shops in my area that sell it and there doesnt seem to be any decent videos of it on youtube and theres a lot of mixed opinions on it, but like i said thanks for the reply
Quote by Its Chris 96
thanks spanner but the problem is i have no shops in my area that sell it and there doesnt seem to be any decent videos of it on youtube and theres a lot of mixed opinions on it, but like i said thanks for the reply

The mixed reviews that I've seen have been expecting it to be a €2000 ampeg and hence have unrealistic expectations. I own one, and whilst it is a bit basic and agricultural (it weighs a fucking ton) it will do the job nicely. It is extremely reliable and has a nice transparent tone, which by itself is a bit boring, but it does lend itself well for use with pedals. The EQ is a bit basic but perfectly functional. I recently bought a used Trace Elliot 4x10 extension cab and that works well too.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
If you're going for a relatively low wattage amp make sure that there is a DI output to into the desk/F.O.H, Bass amps don't mic up to well.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn