Is it ok to use a gel type paint remover on the body or are there better ways for the job?

Thanks,
Suat
If you check the GB&C Central Hub Thread (stickied at the top of this forum) then you'll find the Painting and Refinishing thread which covers stripping as the very first topic.

FWIW, the one time I tried paint stripper (Nitromors) it had exactly no effect whatsoever. I ended up sanding by hand.
Are you going to respray it with a solid colour finish afterwards? If so, you're best off scuffing the surface with sandpaper first, then using your new colour. It's the easiest way to avoid having to prep, seal and undercoat the wood again.
Nope. I'll change the whole color so the finish will totally be removed. It's an Ibanez S470.
Quote by azalin
Nope. I'll change the whole color so the finish will totally be removed. It's an Ibanez S470.

So you're going for a transparent stain then? As Mint says, if it's a solid colour, even if you're going for something completely different, there's really no need to remove the existing finish; just sand it down and use it as a base.
Last edited by von Layzonfon at Jan 8, 2014,