hello i brought a new guitar a week ago i replaced the strungs the other day i stretched them iv tighten al the bolts iv made sure the tremlo bridge is parallel but it keeps going out of tune its driveing me mad i play 3 songs on my guitar and it gose out of tune by a half step,

if anyone has any answers on how i can fix this problem i thank you
sometimes an unstable bridge will cause it.
that would mean tightening springs in the trem cavity.

also to help, lube all string contact points.
everywhere the string touches, saddles, nut, needs to get lubed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What kind of guitar is it that you are having trouble with?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
so balance the bridge and lube string contact points.

also check out the floyd setup thread, top of the EG page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

yer ok i did that tightend the back springs it worked everythings in tune. but now when i dive bomb the tremolo bar is stays in the one spot and dosnt come back to its normal position
Quote by ethan.simpson.1
yer ok i did that tightend the back springs it worked everythings in tune. but now when i dive bomb the tremolo bar is stays in the one spot and dosnt come back to its normal position

Perhaps you locked it?
I wouldn't lube anything up seeing as you have a floyd with locking nut. You don't actually want the strings to slide around at all so lube would be counter intuitive.

Just make sure your strings a properly clamped down at the nut and have been stretched out. Afterwards you just have to ensure that you have set your bridge up properly.
Actually a little bit of lube over the saddles before the string holder would be benificial seeing as when you change the angle of the whammy bar the entire string stretches or is tightened which INCLUDES that 10 or so mm between the saddle and the clamp. And that poofteenth of binding can actually make a difference in the note of the string at rest.
Floyds are a bit of a mind**** when your new to them. I like the versatility of them as far as all the sounds you can make but dislike the complexity and therefore don't own one anymore.
Id just start the setup from scratch or get a friend or a tech to guide you through the process while you actually do the work. You'll learn much more that way.
ts definitely check out the floyd setup thread.
(plus any others) there are some tried and tested ways to help keep them in tune, and you're skipping around on steps a bit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62