Poll: Did you get your flu shot?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did you get your flu shot?
Yes
10 15%
No
54 83%
1 2%
Voters: 65.
Page 1 of 2
Its that time of year again (well its been that time for awhile) where the media tells you to get your shot and I haven't got mine this year and the years in the past where I did get them I got the flu anyway. So pit did you get yours? Discuss... Poll inconing!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I got my flu shot this year. I also got the flu this year.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
i never get the flu shot, i never get the flu

**** with me
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
You have nothing to be scared of brah, you've already got autism so what's the big deal?

What does autism have some special powers against the flu or something?
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by captainsnazz
this

That.

The only shots I get are Jack Daniel's and it seems to work fine except I end up losing stuff and doing stupid things...
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by angusfan16
What does autism have some special powers against the flu or something?

Possibly, there's probably some reason why flu shots give kids autism.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Possibly, there's probably some reason why flu shots give kids autism.

And there you go probably lying to me again, butts.

But i guess there's only one way to test this theory.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
And there you go probably lying to me again, butts.

But i guess there's only one way to test this theory.

You get the kids, I'll get the vaccines.
Quote by shelovemyguitar
That.

The only shots I get are Jack Daniel's and it seems to work fine except I end up losing stuff and doing stupid things...

You seem to be working against yourself.
The only flu shot I remember getting was in grade 6, I've got a pretty strong immune system though so meh.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Vaccines are an awful idea. mercury in your bloodstream? No thanks.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by The Judist

yeah terrible, let's bring back smallpox
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by The Judist

Don't forget that it's just a government scam so they can brainwash and track you.
Yes I did
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Hells ****in' naw.

First of all. There are various definitions of ''flu''. Some people call a common cold the flu, some people call the stomach flu the flu.

So I don't even know. But for both cases:

I have a pretty strong immune system, and I do make sure I take stuff to keep it strong. I'm also a pretty strict about hand washing and shit like that. I rarely do get sick from anything, except from drinking 20 Busch in a row and then downing multiple shots of Tequila and a mickey of Triple Sec. Which sounds disgusting, and it is. And that's why I stick to beer. I never go full ******, I just go ******. Anyways...

But no matter what, you're gonna catch a cold. I average one slight to mild cold every winter. Usually doesn't last more than a week. If you can't figure out how to take precautions to avoiding wicked and frequent colds, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you're just the type of guy who thinks brushing your teeth every 3 days is ok.

As for the stomach flu, like the ''puke my guts out all day and shit brown water all night'' flu. Well I've only had it once, when I was 5. I remember I felt dizzy, and I puked all over the floor of the drug store. And that was that. I've never had a single stomach flu ever since. Not even a small onset. I honestly don't remember what it feels like. But if I do get it, then too ****in' bad, I'll get it. Like, eventually, these things are inevitable.

Except for the very young and the elderly, or someone with a chronically compromised immune system, then quit being a pussy, practice proper hygiene (it really does work wonders) and take care of yourself. If you get a cold or whatever, the man the **** up and deal with the shittiness. Be happy you live in a world where you have access to medications to help you along. Be thankful you don't have cholera or ebola because you're too ****in' stupid to realize that maybe drinking water out of the same bucket you shit in is a really bad idea.

The elderly, or just people in general who are weaker, have compromised immune system or just fragile bodies. I get it. Not everyone is born the same. And as you get older, your body isn't so good at fighting the good fight. Which is why I think it's a good idea for them to get it. I mean, I'm not sold on it because I think it doesn't work, but at least there's a chance it might work for them, maybe that one time, it could be worth it. Or at least give peace of mind. But for everyone else, I just feel like they seriously need to tone this shit down. If I hear one more ignorant mom say ''Oh well of course I have my flu shot, you have to be kidding me'', or something like that, I'm gonna have to crank a bitch. And when I say that, I'm specifically speaking to my neighbor who is the classic ''woman knows best'' single mom with 3 kids and if you so much as look at her the wrong way she'll think you're after her kids or some dumb Erin Brockovich shit. Anyways, she SWEARS by the flu shot for her and her kids. Even though, like any other gross kid, especially one who goes to daycare, they get sick about 5 times every winter. Basically, kids are kids, they'll get sick. Deal with it. If you're really freaking the **** out then maybe you shouldn't have had kids.

I can't really think of an appropriate tl;dr for this one.

I know it's a rant, here it is:

TL;DR, don't even bother. You can skip this one.
Last edited by metalblaster at Jan 8, 2014,
lol aint nobody reading that

I have never had a flu shot. I haven't had any shots since I had to get my vaccinations for middle school.

Quote by symphyses
They make you get it if you leave the US, so I had to get mine

Really? I've left the country without having a shot. Is that certain countries' requirements, like how you need a 'yellow fever' shot in order to enter certain African countries such as Equatorial Guinea?

I hope not because I'm one of those weaklings who is terrified by needles. If it was a requirement, or if it wasn't a requirement but there was a high infection rate, I'd stop being dumb and do it anyway.
Don't need that shit:

Exercise, balanced diet, supplements for healthy cell cycles, probiotics and liver health supplements, standing instead of sitting. I haven't even gotten a cold in the last year.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I haven't had a flu shot in several years.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last time I had one was during bird flu. Before that, during SARS. I don't think I've had flu shots at any other time.
cat
Yes, of course. The only times I've actually gotten influenza were times I didn't get the shot.

But I did get gastroenteritis recently. That was fun...
Quote by Xiaoxi
Don't need that shit:

Exercise, balanced diet, supplements for healthy cell cycles, probiotics and liver health supplements, standing instead of sitting. I haven't even gotten a cold in the last year.

What? You don't usually sit? Not even for number 2?
Haven't had one in years. Haven't had the flu in at least 12 years.

My mom got it though so I'm trying to avoid infection.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
My grandmother had three siblings die in the Flu of 1918. So, yeah I get one just in case. H1N1 is no joke. I believe there probably are side effects but its the lesser of two evils and i've never noticed any, yet.

I'm sure that a lot of people refused the small pox vaccine back in the day, too. RIP.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Page 1 of 2