I'm in the market for a Acoustic guitar that can be plugged into a clean amp. I was wondering what I should know before buying. I dont want something spray painted or maded out of cheap plywood, but I do want something cheaper so I don't break my bank. I will settle for new or used. I want it to be black as well. Maybe someone can make some suggestions or recommend a brand or specific model that I can search for on craigslist or something, or resort to a music shop if I cant find it.
Last edited by MistaChy at Jan 8, 2014,
Well, you're probably better off asking in the acoustic forum, but while you're here...

Most modern acoustics are equipped with onboard electronics these days, so that won't be a problem.

I'd recommend any of the Godin company's acoustics- Norman, Seagull, LaPatrie, Simon & Patrick or Art & Lutherie- depending on your budget and local availability. The Seagull S6 is a great guitar for the money. Don't know about black, though.

If you're looking for something that will feel more like an electric, check out Ovation. Get a medium or deep bowl if you want the best acoustic sound. A thinline will sound kind of weak unless plugged in. Black is one of many available colors.

I would be surprised if you couldn't find a Fender acoustic in black.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That ovation looks pretty awesome as I am an electric man transitioning into acoustic. I dont like being unplugged, plus I like being different and standing out. I think the ovation with the fast action neck would be a perfect fit for my sentiments.
Last edited by MistaChy at Jan 9, 2014,