On a website of a guitar store I saw a Tokai ULS85 Les Paul (they advertise it like this). I heard good stories about Tokai but I can't find any useful information about this guitar. Anyone information about this guitar?
IIRC, that one is often referred to as the "Love Rock" guitar (because it says so on the headstock), and it is a very high quality instrument; comparable to any other high-end solidbody electric guitar. They tend to sell for around US$1,100.00 to $1,350.00 these days. They are illegal for sale in the U.S.A. because they are considered "too Gibson-like" (Moustache cut headstock, etc.) and fall under patent infringement laws, but they are extremely popular in Europe and elsewhere.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thanks for your comment. The Love Rock series consists out of tons of models. There is not so much information about this guitar, only this link: http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=85&category_id=15&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

How can I found out how it compares and differs from other models, user experience, etc.? Youtube doesn't give much hits neither. It's pretty pricey tho, they ask €1000 for the guitar.
Looks like a Japanese one, so should be a good guitar. If you want more info, there's a tokai forum which is pretty good. www.tokaiforum.com

Only problem is the price, as you suggested- the yen (while currently weakening a little) has been pretty strong for a while, and the prices are nowhere near as good as they used to be. 5 or 6 years ago you could pick up that model (or similar) for around £500, while a Gibson Les Paul Studio was probably more like £700 and a LP standard £1300. Today it's more like £800-£900 which is actually probably more than a Les Paul Studio.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
See you found the forum

Just to point out- that Diamond dude who answered you in your thread over there is a Tokai dealer, as far as I'm aware. So he's not exactly an independent forumite like you or me. I just thought it was worth pointing out- it doesn't mean he's necessarily wrong but he's not exactly an impartial observer, either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?