I can't hold a high note without my voice cracking even if my life depended on it, so my question (which no one has successfully been able to answer on any other forum) is simply this:

A. How can someone increase there vocal range ? Is it even possible ? Is there a limit ?
B. Is it possible to 'learn' how to snarl like Dave Mustaine etc. ?
C. How can someone bring more 'power' into their voice, you know, BALLS.

I even have difficulty singing on riffs that are being played in standard tuning, my voice quivers. ugh.
A. Practice with the proper technique under the instruction of a knowledgeable teacher over the course of many years. Yes, and yes.

B. Yes, but you need to get a feel for what's going on anatomically as you make successive approximations towards that sound and know whether or not what you're doing is going to damage your voice.

C. Go through puberty and learn to breathe and project your voice properly
booped into Singing and Vocals
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
A. Practice with the proper technique under the instruction of a knowledgeable teacher over the course of many years.

They are usually classical singers, but I guess that's a good thing ?

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Go through puberty.

This made me lol

I have, and I still sound like a squeaky little **** when I raise the amplitude of my voice. ****.
so do you want to sing high, snarl, or have balls? They are three completely different things
Israel is a terrorist state.
Quote by JD Close
so do you want to sing high, snarl, or have balls? They are three completely different things

I want to sing high whilst having balls. I really like Robert Plant, Bruce Dickinson, Dave Mustaine (Though he's more of a vocalist than a singer) etc.
Last edited by MehrozeGillani at Jan 9, 2014,
Mustaine's voice is actually pretty awful, even if you like his tone. He had little technique at all until the Endgame album, and it was too late by that point. So lets put him aside for now.

The rest of the guys you mentioned have strong head voices that blend flawlessly with falsetto. Work on head voice. Most amateur singers lack control of this area. For that you need a tutor. Get one.
This depends entirely on what you percieve as singing like a heavy metal god. The singers you mentioned are all quite different, so i can't grab what it is you want.

A way could be to try getting a (friend with a) microphone, and recording some of your own vocals. The first take will probably be a bit of a bummer, hearing your own voice is weird. In time, you can start experimenting with different feelings of singing and then one day you come up with a technique of singing that pleases your ear. Then it's just about building on that one.
Quote by koniponi
This depends entirely on what you percieve as singing like a heavy metal god. The singers you mentioned are all quite different, so i can't grab what it is you want.

Basically singing with intensity is the main focus.

Quote by merriman44
Work on head voice.

I've heard that a lot, will get to it.