Page 1 of 4
Okay guys, getting to that time again so here it is!

The UG Battle Of The Boards 2014.

Entries open now until the 18th Feb!

Once you've entered, post in here to let me know so I can ensure all entries get posted this year.

Entries should be sent to ugbotb2014@gmail.com with the subject reading your username - category you're entering

Rules.

1) You must take a photo of your board and e-mail to me. In the photo you have to include on a piece of paper your; Username, the date and the category you're entering.

2) You may only enter up to a maximum of 2 categories from 2 separate lists (See below).

3) All pedals must be hooked up and powered. You do not require them to be on a physical board, but they must be functional.

4) After the deadline any boards emailed to me will not be entered.

5) If you'd like to change an entry, contact me to arrange it. (e-mailing will be fine but it's best to let me know somewhere else as well)

Rules for each category:
List A)
Small Board - 1-5 pedals
Medium Board - 6-9 pedals
Large Board - 10+ pedals

List B)
Boutique/Vintage Board
Budget Board - No pedal over $100 RRP including mods and other work done to it.
DIY Board - Pedals built only by yourself, kits are allowed. Generally a bit of an explanation about what's going on helps as well.

List C)
Full Rig - As much gear as you want, as long as you can fit it in shot.
Demo - No videos longer than 5 minutes and must be uploaded to a public website (i.e. Youtube)

Last year there was a prize pot offered. If anyone would like to contribute anything towards that this year it would be more than welcome!

Good luck guys
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Feb 5, 2014,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Not this again. Didn't we just wrap up the 2013 one?

BOTB is a year long event. actually the 2014 should stretch into mid summer 2015
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Not this again. Didn't we just wrap up the 2013 one?

Christ knows

This one will be wrapped up quickly don't worry guys
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

My entry wasn't included last year
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I have 1/10 of the gear I had during the last one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Holy crap I might actually be able to enter this time!
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Lol I'll probably enter this one for a giggle
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Quote by NakedInTheRain
you'll probably end up winning it due to your sexy tri-muff and dmm.

Pretty much my thoughts. Hey guys can I count the quadraverb as a pedal if I let it take up half my board and put it on a preset called "ribbed for her pleasure"?
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Damn, I'm only like 60%-75% done with my board. Oh well, I'll enter what I have so far.

Is RRP the same as street price?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well Adam was in charge of it last year, wasn't he? I blame him for the disaster that was BOTB 2013.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Can I ask, if a Wah is outboard of the board for practicality (I hate it if the wah is raised) then would you include it as part of the board or not? Also, mine is next to and powered off the board. Thanks
Submitting a pedalboard completely made up of overdrives... yup
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by jakey333
Can I ask, if a Wah is outboard of the board for practicality (I hate it if the wah is raised) then would you include it as part of the board or not? Also, mine is next to and powered off the board. Thanks

Any pedal you include in your submission photo counts toward the number of pedals, ie if it's part of your signal chain. Actual physical boards aren't a requirement, you could have everything on the floor if you wanted, so having some pedals on a board and some on the floor doesn't matter either.
Quote by chip46
Any pedal you include in your submission photo counts toward the number of pedals, ie if it's part of your signal chain. Actual physical boards aren't a requirement, you could have everything on the floor if you wanted, so having some pedals on a board and some on the floor doesn't matter either.

Thanks bro!! I've never quite understood wahs on the board, as it makes you fall over when you play them!
Quote by chip46
I'm undecided on whether I want to run the DD-20 or the El Cap. I started using the El Cap again and miss it, but it's smaller than the DD-20 and it throws off my layout mojo if I don't have anything else to fill the space.

#pedalboardproblems
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by chip46
I'm undecided on whether I want to run the DD-20 or the El Cap. I started using the El Cap again and miss it, but it's smaller than the DD-20 and it throws off my layout mojo if I don't have anything else to fill the space.

El cap will get more street cred votes.... but layout mojo is a must!! 99 problems....
If I had enough pedals to fill mine it'd be in
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I'm probably in. The question is small or medium. Small will probably lead to me getting demolished by Yianni Also, we're counting tuners as well yeah?
If my KTR and D*A*M arrive any time soon, consider me in.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by telemetal
I'm probably in. The question is small or medium. Small will probably lead to me getting demolished by Yianni Also, we're counting tuners as well yeah?

actually yeah could do a smaller board

tuners count as well, yes.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
actually yeah could do a smaller board

tuners count as well, yes.

Nah, stay the **** out of small, mine might actually get some votes that way
Just to clarify: if something isn't in your chain (e.g. preset controller, expression pedal) it doesn't count?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Page 1 of 4