Hi everyone,

So I changed the strings on my guitar, and now the D and G strings are buzzing. It's a Godin Richmond Dorchester. I'm pretty sure the buzzing is due to the bridge, since if you take the string out of the groove they sit in, it goes away. Also, if I put my finger on the neck and pluck the string on either side the buzzing only happens on the side that has the bridge. I tried adjusting the pegs beside the bridge, that lower/raise it, but that didn't seem to do much. Anyone know what might be up? I can post some pictures of the guitar my description isn't all that good.

Thanks so much!!
if you changed string gauge you might have to adjust the action and neck

it might also be a high or low fret
if you dont know what youre doing taking it to someone who does seems like a good idea
check out the first page of the setup thread. green link in my sig.

if it's fret buzz, then there are some simple steps you can try.

what type of bridge do you havE?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thanks for the replies, guys! Not totally sure what kind of bridge it has. I'm thinking I might need to ask somebody else to take a look at it, since I clearly don't know what I'm doing, haha.
Quote by Chez148
Thanks for the replies, guys! Not totally sure what kind of bridge it has. I'm thinking I might need to ask somebody else to take a look at it, since I clearly don't know what I'm doing, haha.

no one knows what they are doing at first.

look at the green link in my sig.
look at the first page.

identify your bridge type and we can go from there.

i just didn't know if you had a fixed (non moving bridge)
or a whammy or trem (moving bridge)
and if that trem was stable..
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 10, 2014,
ok if it's a fixed bridge and you tried to raise the action by adjusting the pegs on either side of the bridge, but that didnt help, then you should measure the neck's relief.

how to do that is on the first page of the setup thread.

measure and post back here, let me know if the string lays on the fretwire, when you measure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

All right. It is above the fretwire, maybe about the width of a credit card.

Thanks
ok so you measured the neck relief, seems like you have more than enough.

and you checked the action, by adjusting the bridge, that didnt seem to help.

you mentioned that when you move the string out of the saddle cuts, the buzzing stops?

so maybe it's just a loose piece.
if you play the guitar acoustically, and touch parts, then the buzzing stops, that means the whatever quiets the noise, is loose.

if it's a saddle, you can cut a tiny bit of sponge, wedge,
it at the screw and see if the guitar is quiet.

if it's a fret buzz and i'm misunderstanding, then
post back with which frets are buzzing, rubbing the strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah, it is definitely the saddle. I stuck a piece of paper in the side and the buzzing seemed to have gone away. Is there more of a permanent fix for this? Thanks a lot for the help =)
you can look into a saddle change. or if it's a screw that's not seated correctly, you can change that.

on strats and TOMs, it's just a matter of buying a new set of saddles. you're guitar might need more effort if it's not the fixed bridge model.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62