Hi,

I'm planing on buying an acoustic-electric guitar but I have a few doubt about recording with it.

Would I need to use any preset to make it sound good? And if I do all the "percussive" stuff all over the guitar, would it be recorded?

Thanks!
Depending on the type of pickup you're using, your percussive stuff may or may not be recorded.

Microphones and piezo pickups pick that stuff up, magnetic pickups don't.

You may need some kind of processing to make it sound better, but it's your choice, really.
You may start from a preset and then change some stuff to better adapt it at what you recorded, ya know, presets usually work decently on everything but since you're recording your stuff and you can read Cubase's instruction manual you can indeed make it sound better changing something in a preset or inserting the processors you prefer.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
But if I don't use any preset would it sound the same way it does when it's unplugged?

Thanks for your answer
It won't, but that's not because of the lack of presets.

First off, what you mean with preset is a series of effect processors, so no preset is equal to the clean signal.
Processors may be EQs, compressors and such.

Magnetic pickups in particular aren't that good at capturing the sound you hear coming out of the soundhole, and the microphones used for that particular application aren't really good either.
Too much treble, lack of "air" and stuff like that can be corrected by signal processors so the final product sounds more like what's coming out of the soundhole, but you'll most likely not be able to get that same sound unless you're using some really good onboard (or even better, offboar) microphone, or a good piezo pickup.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.