I've actually had this since Christmas Eve. However I wanted to leave it before I did a thread so I can give some accurate information about it. Some of you have seen and heard this already but I haven't done a NGD yet, so yeah.

Kossoff's a massive influence on my playing. If you have read any of my posts, you'll notice they usually include me fan girling over Kossoff. I'm gunna keep that to a minimum in this thread. Or try. To the git!

It's a (you guessed it) Paul Kossoff VOS Les Paul. And it blows anything I've ever played out the water. Even my beloved Standard Faded Les Paul. I hate it when you hear adverts say "buy this, it'll make you sound like Slash". No. It won't. Or very rarely does. However, the Koss, sounds like the Koss. I plugged into my Vintage Modern and started playing Mr Big. The tone was just there. I only turned the amp on, didn't mess the settings. Very bluesy with a slight but definite grit to the sound. It's very warm. There's quite a bit of low end to the sound, but it's not muddy. I've never found the guitar is too bright. I always have the tone controls on 10. It's got a lot of honk, quite a nasally tone, especially in the bridge. It handles gain quite well too. However, for stuff with more gain, I use my Standard Faded. As I said, the Koss is a blues guitar, through and through.

Exceptionally well made, as you'd expect from a guitar like this. The tuners are slightly aged and there was some very slight buckle rash on the back. The tuners were obviously aged by Gibson, the buckle rash, I'm not sure as this guitar was second hand. There are marks from where Kossoff's old tuners were. A nice touch. Another, which I didn't notice until yesterday, the tuners are ever so slightly wonky as they are o the Kossoff's. Another nice detail. I don't quite understand the ageing, as this is a VOS model and nothing else is aged. But what the hell, it doesn't bother me. The guitar is very light weight, only slightly heavier than my Standard Faded which is chambered. The Koss is solid. The flame top matches Kossoff's very well, I think. The rosewood board feels very smooth and is pretty dark. The neck, is not what I was expecting. It's thinner than the half-a-baseball-bat kinda thing I was expecting.

To own this guitar, an exact recreation of (one of, it's a bit hazy) Kossoff's main guitars is amazing. Here's some pictures and a video of the guitar.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJoyVynbz38&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Jan 9, 2014,
Its a Les Paul and it's fking sexy! Very sexy... hmmm
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

That is one hell of a guitar you have there. Beautiful. HNGD!

I have no idea what a Kossoff is, though.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
Holly shit, that's such a nice guitar . I bet you got chicks pants dropping instantly with that!
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
HNGD!
I think someone graffiti'd on your guitar case though
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gorgthemeatpile
That is one hell of a guitar you have there. Beautiful. HNGD!

I have no idea what a Kossoff is, though.

Yes, what exactly is a Kossoff?
Those were those guys who were legendary horsemen & warriors with funny hats and sabers in Russia, right?

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
that is an incredible top. holy hell.

sorry but i think that tuner aging looks horrid. really, thats some BS looking fake aging imo.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Sexy, that's a super nice top on that LP dude.

HNGD!
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Those were those guys who were legendary horsemen & warriors with funny hats and sabers in Russia, right?

no he coached the CCCP olympic hockey team that the US beat that "mercial" year.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.